Hacking SD becoming corrupt

Mooglebass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I recently put advanced wars days of ruin on my sd card for my M3 DS real. Well all was fine, played a round or two of it, then saved and shut my ds off. Didnt think anything of it, cause i had something to do. So a few hours later i go to play my ds again, and it just sets at the loading screen of the M3 DS real. Wont boot at all. I tried it several times. So I was like wtf took the sd card out and put it in the card reader, and it wont open, it shows it at 0 bytes. NOthing on there, cant format it to get the space back it just says 0 in the space.

This made me wonder, did the game fry my sd card? Or what? Is there anything i could possibly do to get the sd card working again? Lost all my saves which pissed me off, but thank god I had another 2 gig card for my phone that i robbed from peter to give to paul so i could play games lol.

Any thoughts and ideas on this?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you buy a cheapo or off brand card? Have you tried "SD formatter V2" or "hard disk low level format tool" (from hddguru.com) to see if you can recover it in the reader you are using?
---
I picked up a two 1G pack of kingston SD cards locally at xmas for a couple of SD based mp3 players and both failed within days of use with the same symptoms as yours, and were unrecoverable using the above tools. They were legit kingstons produced in taiwan which I replaced from the same store with two single cards which were both made in singapore instead - haven't had a problem since.

I suspect some cards are just not meant to be used for any length of time in low power applications, though in most cases it is just a corrupt boot/master block and a poor card reader that isn't letting windows format the cards.

Mooglebass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a kingston card that i got at frys for 22.99. It says made in china. Ive put it in my phone, camera and computer. Nothing, its dead. I was gonna see about RMAing it. Right now i have a PNY in there now and it works fine. Just pissed this card died.

mohaab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A camera or phone can sometimes reformat a memory card when Windows can't.

True, it happened to me recently (when I inserted it in my sisters phone), to solve the problem, I just formatted it with fat32. Never had
gba.gif
a problem since
gba.gif
lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...