Scummvm freezes at exit

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bantxi, Oct 27, 2016.

1. bantxi
    OP

bantxi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2016
    Hi!

I have a problem with ScummVm on vWii. When I try to exit the program the console freezees: I can't move the cursor, and even can't power off the Wii U using the power button; so the only solution is to unplug the machine.

I'm afraid this can damage the console, so anybody knows what can I do? I have this problem with both the standalone program and the Wiiflow plugin.

Thanks in advantage!

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What version are you using? The latest 1.9+ nightlies don't seem to have this problem. You can get the latest stable and development builds here.

You should still be able to shut off the console by holding the power button for >4 seconds.

3. bantxi
    OP

bantxi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2016
    Thank you for answering!

But I didn't solve my problem :( . I tried the last stable and the last nightly and they both didn't work.

I forgot to mention one weird problem too. If I shut down the Wii U using the power button (instead of exitting the program), the machine freezes too! I searched in the web for a solution a couple of weeks, and looks that only I have this problem...

I'm desperate because I want so badly to play The Dig on the living room! :D

4. AaronZ

AaronZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2012
    It always froze for me using USB drives, try putting it on a SD card if not already.

5. bantxi
    OP

bantxi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2016
    Solved!

My games were on the sd from the beginning, but it seems that i have to unplug the usb drive too.

Thank you guys for the help!

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I can understand wanting to play The Dig. It was one of the best games LucasArts made. :)

Loom and Full Throttle are also great.