Homebrew ScummVM DS no audio

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I downloaded ScummVM DS. I played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It works but no speech. I tried downloading the CD version but no luck. I also tried Day of the Tentacle but still no speech. Do I have to download the speech files? Is there something missing? Please help.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
This seems pretty close to the line in terms of piracy. You shouldn’t be downloading those games. Many are still commercially available.

My guess is that you downloaded an illegal copy that has compression applied to the voice files. The DS probably does not support the compression format used (presumably OGG or FLAC).

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check that you have a file named MONSTER.S03 in the directory of your games, if this is not the case it means that the dialog file is missing or that you do not have the right versions of the games.

Also check that you have all the files with an .IMS extension

And finally check that you have correctly configured ScummVM DS with the "speech & subs" option

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There is a monster file but instead of .S03, it's .sog on Fate of Atlantis and .sof on Day of the Tentacle.

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Those files were compressed into an Ogg container and a FLAC container, respectively. I doubt that the DS has the hardware to decode the files. You’ll need to compress your original file into an mp3 container or just use the uncompressed voice files from your cd. Don’t pirate software.

Last edited by MarioKartFan,
Reactions: Indy13

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
But how? I have no computer. I only have a cellphone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But how? I don't have a computer. I only have a cellphone.

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a monster file but instead of .S03, it's .sog on Fate of Atlantis and .sof on Day of the Tentacle.

I think you should look for other versions with .SO3 files, personally these are the versions I have and the voices and subtitles work fine on my DS Lite.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Those files were compressed into an Ogg container and a FLAC container, respectively. I doubt that the DS has the hardware to decode the files. You’ll need to compress your original file into an mp3 container or just use the uncompressed voice files from your cd. Don’t pirate software.

I did that for the music of Monkey Island, Loom and Zak McKraken, the music files must be compressed at 32 kbits/s to be read correctly by ScummVM DS.

For these games the music is in the MONSTER.SOU file, you must use winrar to extract it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.