Gaming Scubbed=better quality ISO?

Christopho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you unscrub (uncompress) a scrubbed (compressed) wii ISO through WiiScrubber, after using WinRar to extract is the quality better (i.e. video speed, game speed, sound, load time, etc.)?

Thanks in advance~

duy64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scrubbed just mean they swap non compressable garbage data with zeros which are compressable garbage data. Where as trimmed/riped that means something was removed and that usually the update partitions.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the scrubbed isos are brickcrapped, but in general: scrubbed == data that is not used anyways is removed. The .iso is still 4.x GB, because the data should be at the end of the disc to allow faster reading. But scrubbed .isos can be compressed to their real size, while regular .isos can't be compressed under 4.x GB, even if it's Wii Play that is 200(?) MB big.

whysleep

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the scrubbed isos are brickcrapped, but in general: scrubbed == data that is not used anyways is removed. The .iso is still 4.x GB, because the data should be at the end of the disc to allow faster reading. But scrubbed .isos can be compressed to their real size, while regular .isos can't be compressed under 4.x GB, even if it's Wii Play that is 200(?) MB big.

How do you explain CLiiCHE's Resident Evil Archives release, compressed to 3.52 Gb? it always confused me, as it's definitely not scrubbed. I've compared the ISOs, even scrubbed it after extraction and got a much smaller ISO, one of the same size of the other scrubbed releases of the game.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no difference in 'quality'. The only difference is the speed of downloading.

And technically, scrubbing isn't just compressing. It's getting rid of useless files, then compressing.

EDIT: I just remembered: some games (dual layer) have lots of problems when scrubbed.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
There's no difference in 'quality'. The only difference is the speed of downloading.

And technically, scrubbing isn't just compressing. It's getting rid of useless files, then compressing.

EDIT: I just remembered: some games (dual layer) have lots of problems when scrubbed.
Yes but I don't really think they can be counted as they are unique cases in my opinion. By removing half of the data, there is bound to be issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night