Hacking screwed up my wii. need advice.

jaka;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so while i was attempting to install my wiikey. i lefted 2 of the solder pads needed.
my only other option is to trace it back to the chip and solder the wires to the legs.
has anyone attempted this?
how difficult did you find it?
id rather not have to go get another wii.

jaka;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also had another problem.
while attempted a quick solder install i removed a small part i believe to be a capacitor.
its labled as C2 on the wiikey.
and its so tiny it just blew away. dunno where it is. gott return my chip now too.

modmanwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have read that some user received "DOA (dead on arrival)" chips. Every chip that is packed was successfully tested on a console before, however there are various damages hat can happen during transportation, repacking and installation. Unlinke many others we assure that we will replace any faulty/damaged chip for our users even if it obviously was an user error. Please send any faulty chips back to your dealer. Your local dealer will for sure get a replacement

gingi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
While installing my chiip one of the solder points on the Wii came out. Since then at least two people have tried to install to the Panasonic chip and failed. I gave up, fearing damage my Wii, and I am now waiting for the next generation of modchips/exploits.
frown.gif

GSBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have a horror story, if it interests you.

First, I tried soldering with IDE ribbon wire. Was told it was 28 gauge, when it's closer to 18. Anyways, I lifted a pad because of the thick wire's higher melting point.

2 weeks later, once I got my Wiikey in, I had to cut and strip the oversized wires already soldered to the Wii. Needless to say, stripping with scissors is a lot easier when the wire is not attached to any surface. Another pad got ripped clean off because of that fiasco.

Thankfully, with all of these stupid mistakes, soldering to the chip legs is insanely easy. Just tin the wire, line it up with the correct leg, and push down with the iron. Don't try to tin the leg, or you'll regret any attempts. Good luck
smile.gif

bliss-chris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's really bad, you have my sympathy... But usually you should still be able to play Wii with originals as long as the ripped off connections on the circuit board (I'm assuming that's what you mean with "trace wire things") don't short-circuit something. If you simply solder or cut off the wires to your Chiip and have a very close look whether your "soldering" didn't create random, unwanted connections you should be able to play your originals instead of your backup copies. Lighten up, not all hope is lost!

While attempting to install a chiip, a solder point came up, and possibly one of the trace wire things
frown.gif

Im contacting a modder from cheapmod.net and hopefully he can fix it

I dont want to turn my wii on until I know its okÂ
cry.gif

bliss-chris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn it, where did you learn to be that patient?
wink.gif

I don't really know the name of these lines, but it may be conductor or circuit path.
unsure.gif

I mean the... lines? haha - Im not sure what the name is

Well i'll take it to the cheapmod guy and see if he can do anything with it

I'm not turning it on 'til he looks at itÂ
wink.gif
 rather be safe than sorry

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have a horror story, if it interests you.

First, I tried soldering with IDE ribbon wire. Was told it was 28 gauge, when it's closer to 18.
actually i used to use IDE wire for my Gamecube mods i done. It was so annoying because you basically had 5 or 6 otherwises in it and you had to peelthe others away and just use one thread. I really should have used like AWG30 wire like my wii mods, although i think the points on the gamecube might have been smaller..

jaka;

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just as an update. i have succesfully soldered wires to the chip legs.
i got another chip and its all working perfect.

foaley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just ripped number 3 pad I find the Wiikey is pretty hard to install

Is soldering to the leg chip very hard becauce it is very small

sublime311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I too have ripped up my pads. Is there anywehre / anyone in the UK that can do this cheaply? Preferably in the north west area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ