Hacking Screwed up Gateway Emunand....

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no...
All you need is a micro SD adapter (to make micro SD card to normal SD card) disassemble it and solder pins with the photo mentioned above by hundshamer. Keep the wires as short as possible to avoid any read/write errors.
And you need a SD card reader, if you have an external SD card reader or the one you have on the laptop give it a try. If there is some errors not able to get correct dumps then look for Anker SD card reader to buy (a specific model, look in topics or ask hundshamer for assistance).
The card reader needs to be very specific or the PC might not see the 3DS at all, im not talking about the SD card that needs to be soldered

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a MMC card?
U130_3C_Card__USB___SD___MMC_2_in_1_or_3_in_1_Card_.jpg

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-xl-nand-access-via-usb-mod.363245/
http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Reader-RS-MMC-Support-Warranty/dp/B006T9B6R2?

Or send it to @hundshamer and he can do it for you for a fee. Iirc he charges $50(?)

Edit: There are other Hardmod guides that may be a bit simpler, you'll just have to google / search the forums for those. I don't have'm saved. :P

Second link I gave. :P

DevilZeroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I still don't see how this works yet. I solder the numbers to the SD card and use the Anker to plug to the pc and run win32diskimager to get a dump. The thing I'm confused is if I solder wires to the SD card how do I connect it to the Anker? Won't it have the wires in the way to stick it in? If I take out the micro SD to use on the Anker how does it connect then to the 3DS?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I still don't see how this works yet. I solder the numbers to the SD card and use the Anker to plug to the pc and run win32diskimager to get a dump. The thing I'm confused is if I solder wires to the SD card how do I connect it to the Anker? Won't it have the wires in the way to stick it in? If I take out the micro SD to use on the Anker how does it connect then to the 3DS?

You can either solder the wires directly to your 3DS > SD adapter (You open the SD adapter and solder the wires to the contacts that a mSD would normally use) > Close it back up > Insert into the Anker.
You could also solder wires from the 3DS to a female jack > Solder wires from a male jack to SD adapter > Same as above.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-hardmod.372859/#post-5129148

Edit: The second option (non temporary one) is the better choice imo. That way you will always have the hardmod incase you screw something up again. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Going for an auto-merge post, incase you already checked the thread. :P

For clarity, this jack is what's most often used.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...R9.TRC1.A0.H0.Xjst+4.TRS2&_nkw=jst+4&_sacat=0

Last edited by usernametaken,

DevilZeroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either solder the wires directly to your 3DS > SD adapter (You open the SD adapter and solder the wires to the contacts that a mSD would normally use) > Close it back up > Insert into the Anker.
You could also solder wires from the 3DS to a female jack > Solder wires from a male jack to SD adapter > Same as above.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-hardmod.372859/#post-5129148

Edit: The second option (non temporary one) is the better choice imo. That way you will always have the hardmod incase you screw something up again. :P

Okay, I understand now, but on the picture you linked for the second option it has only 4 wires and connectors on the jacks. I thought hundshamer's post said you gotta wire 6 points on his picture?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I understand now, but on the picture you linked for the second option it has only 4 wires and connectors on the jacks. I thought hundshamer's post said you gotta wire 6 points on his picture?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...R9.TRC1.A0.H0.Xjst+4.TRS2&_nkw=jst+4&_sacat=0

<_< >_>

Edit: @DevilZeroX You saw nothing. :P
Edit2: It may be because that's a 3DS and not an XL. IDK! :o Just follow what Hundshammer posted originally. :)
Editagain: @hundshamer i'm confused as well after searching around a little. Is it 6 points > 6 pin JST or something else?

*Sigh* It helps to read. There are 4 solder points. In Hundshammers picture post, he says to ignore Dat 1 2 & 3.

Last edited by usernametaken,

DevilZeroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DevilZeroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a look at it. Seems straightforward. Thanks for your help. Now pretty much the final thing that bothers me is what do you guys use to cut a hole on the 3ds for the female pin connector? I'd prefer not to cut my 3DS because I have a limited edition one, but I guess I'll have to.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a look at it. Seems straightforward. Thanks for your help. Now pretty much the final thing that bothers me is what do you guys use to cut a hole on the 3ds for the female pin connector? I'd prefer not to cut my 3DS because I have a limited edition one, but I guess I'll have to.

Fairly sure the 3ds XL has a lanyard post in the bottom right corner(?). Iirc you can just remove that post and hotglue the female JST there & it'll fit perfectly.

Edit: You don't have 100 posts yet, so you can't see the pictures Hundshammer posted in his for service thread, so I just jacked the pictures and reuploaded them.

15260894891_db0b2a4847_z.jpg

15077415327_03e0e3a479_z.jpg

DevilZeroX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should help you out.

'The blob of solder is your Grnd' *Blob to the left of Dat0 - CMD - CLK.

Fairly sure the 3ds XL has a lanyard post in the bottom right corner(?). Iirc you can just remove that post and hotglue the female JST there & it'll fit perfectly.

Edit: You don't have 100 posts yet, so you can't see the pictures Hundshammer posted in his for service thread, so I just jacked the pictures and reuploaded them.

Thanks so much! I'll give this a try over the weekend if I have the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, whats the video about?