Hacking Screenshots for everyone?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So, with the recent 4.0 update, it kinda hit me. As stated in the update notes:

Ability to launch the Internet Browser during gameplay and upload screenshots
-https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-online-gi-update

Would it be possible, just like being able to view MP4 videos, that you create a localhost server on a personal network, then make a way to upload images to your computer of gameplay from your Wii U games? I have coding experience (Bad at that), so this kind of uploader thing would be far out of my knowledge, not to mention that MACycle is coming along slowly.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be similar to the webapp gamepad ->pc adapter thing. Make a program that opens a port and starts a server on your local network. When the wii u accesses the ip address, it could display a single upload button and the pc server would recieve the screenshot and place it in the right place. Of course the web browser would have to be manually opened each time but it would be easier that uploading to some form of cloud storage and back.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
It could be similar to the webapp gamepad ->pc adapter thing. Make a program that opens a port and starts a server on your local network. When the wii u accesses the ip address, it could display a single upload button and the pc server would recieve the screenshot and place it in the right place. Of course the web browser would have to be manually opened each time but it would be easier that uploading to some form of cloud storage and back.

That's what I had in mind. The app that sends videos, though, only limits it to MP4 format videos and nothing else. But then, I'd have to see if any kinds of scripts would need to be installed.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I had in mind. The app that sends videos, though, only limits it to MP4 format videos and nothing else. But then, I'd have to see if any kinds of scripts would need to be installed.
For anything other than MP4, on the fly video encoding would be needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hey