Screenshots for everyone?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by loco365, Oct 7, 2013.

1. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    So, with the recent 4.0 update, it kinda hit me. As stated in the update notes:

-https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-online-gi-update

Would it be possible, just like being able to view MP4 videos, that you create a localhost server on a personal network, then make a way to upload images to your computer of gameplay from your Wii U games? I have coding experience (Bad at that), so this kind of uploader thing would be far out of my knowledge, not to mention that MACycle is coming along slowly.

2. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Has anyone attempted this at all? Or is this even feasible?

3. ~kao

~kao Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2013
    Colombia
    Bucaramanga, Santander
    I dont really know about coding, but in the moment the wiiu's browser is closed it would be disconnected from the server... Or not?

4. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    It could be similar to the webapp gamepad ->pc adapter thing. Make a program that opens a port and starts a server on your local network. When the wii u accesses the ip address, it could display a single upload button and the pc server would recieve the screenshot and place it in the right place. Of course the web browser would have to be manually opened each time but it would be easier that uploading to some form of cloud storage and back.

5. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    That's what I had in mind. The app that sends videos, though, only limits it to MP4 format videos and nothing else. But then, I'd have to see if any kinds of scripts would need to be installed.

6. bobmcjr

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    For anything other than MP4, on the fly video encoding would be needed.

7. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    No, but when it lists the directory, all I can have it find is MP4 videos. I can't get it to open HTML pages locally hosted.

8. bobmcjr

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Not sure what you're using but I just tested HFS and I could open an html file with it: http://rejetto.com/hfs/

9. loco365
    OP

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Thanks for that. After tinkering around with it, I was able to upload screenshots from it to my computer. I'll have to write a tutorial on it soon.