Screen Protectors

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Masked, May 4, 2012.

May 4, 2012

Screen Protectors by Masked at 2:23 AM (756 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Masked
    OP

Member Masked GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi, what's the best non-adhesive screen protectors for the 3DS? Are there any? I have the non-adhesive Hori screen protector on my DS Lite and I really like it, so I'm looking for something similar. Product descriptions make it really vague if the new 3DS Hori screen protectors are adhesive or not, though.

2. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    This video shows how to apply the hori screen protectors, and it seems to use an adhesive (as the guy removes the protective film as he places the protector on). I hope this helps answer at least part of your question. In the meantime, I don't think there are any adhesive free protectors, but I'll see if i can find any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDuENdnHjm0

3. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    The Hori protector does not use adhesive. The bits of film that you remove are to minimise dust getting on the protector.

4. chojin

Newcomer chojin Newbie

United Kingdom
    the Hori screen protector shown in the video is easily the best I've used, I've used hori exclusively since the original DS release, I dont think you'll get better :gba: the new application system is so easy to apply.

5. bashscrazy

Member bashscrazy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I bought those screen protectors but still haven't applied them... no matter how hard I try.. I can't get the screen clean...
    Any suggestions? The cloth that comes with it just doesn't do the job.
    Thanks.

6. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Canned air might do the trick, cleaning clothes tend to have lint or specks of dust that can linger on the screen after wiping it.
    Use a cloth to remove any finger oil etc and then air to get rid of the leftover lint.

I need to get me and my brother some Hori screen protectors, those things look great. The ones I have no are full of air bubbles, no matter how good I put them on. :

7. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    I use to have the same issue back in the ds-phat era. No matter what I was doing there was bubbles under the protector. But now I never miss my shot using few tricks. Try to do that in your bathroom. It is usually the place with less dust in the air. You can also start the ventilation if you have it. I also clean everything out from the counter and clean it with some glass-window product. Was your hands aswell and try not to breath during the procedure. I suggest you use a credit card or a game card to apply a small pressure on the protector when you peal it.

Pip'