OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
s12ord.smackjeeves.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got a Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP NES Limited Edition, the only problem is that the top has scratches on it. Now I wanted to know if anyone has some remedies to remove them or atleast make it a little bit more presentable?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in the paint layer has a few scratches?

Some remedies that I would try, keep in mind that once you do you can't undo...

-Go over the scratches with as close a color of sharpie as you can find
-or with as close a color paint as you can find (difficult to get on precisely though)
-probably your best bet, would be a few coats of Spray Clear coat. Goes on like a mist of water, a few coats and you will have a very thin glossy clear coat. It ended up yellowing a tiny bit in one area when I used it on a guitar hero guitar, but that was because too much pooled in one spot. I have the Krylon brand Clear Polyurethane spray, color "GLOSS" number "7005"

Hope that opens a few options for you

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it isn't the paint, and it's the screen, I've used "Brasso" (you can get it pretty much anywhere), and "Displex" (I got it on Amazon) to varying degrees of success. It usually depends on the type of cloth I use for application. I recommend either good quality fine microfibre cloths, or really fine dusting cloth. That's what usually works for me when I have light/mild scratches on plastic screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1