PS1/2 SCPH 90004, Date Code 8C: Modchip Installation?

Sorakun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recently got myself a PS2 and wanted to softmod it.
Two problems arose:
1. The PS2 is a bit too new (SCPH 90004, Date Code 8C).
2. The AR Max Evo I got lacked the Max Media Player, so I couldn't try out FMCB.

Not wanting to waste money on a second AR, I'm planning to use a modchip.
I already found an online shop that is still selling modchips, but I just can't find any decent installation guides.

Available Modchips:
-Matrix Infinity
-Duo 3 Ultra
-Modbo 735/745/760

I'd be grateful if anybody could help me.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well... I think Matrix infinity as said is "THE BEST" Modchip out there, BUT, I hear it won't work on the 90004 model...

Modbo has been said to be "a good quality clone" of said chip only that it also claims to work on your model. cannot say, and also this info is from a finnish modchip store sales text so I cannot say how truthful the statement "good quality" is.

someone else can say something else, all I can say the Matrix infinity has been awesome for me (even though it was preinstalled when I got my PS2) - only disregarding fact that silent Hill 2 would not boot (it did when I disabled the modchip what came to use too nicely)

Sorakun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, I'm not looking for advice on which one to use, but for instructions for installing any of them.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Sorakun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For the Matrix Infinity they don't have the plans for SCPH 90004 and a Modbo 4.0 I can't get my hands on.
Thanks for trying, but these two links are useless for me

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sorakun said:
For the Matrix Infinity they don't have the plans for SCPH 90004 and a Modbo 4.0 I can't get my hands on.
Thanks for trying, but these two links are useless for me

Well yes, I just said that matrix infinity is not compatible with that model (even when it is the best modchip if you get a original one, and not a clone)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise