Hacking SCDS2 KILLS BATTERY FAST!

bloodred

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get only about 2 hours out of my dsi fully charged when using a scdstwo its almost you have to have it plugged in to play it lol
Will I need to get a new battery from Nintendo is this keeps happening? and should I get an Acekard 2i?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the DSi doesn't have the best battery life to begin with. Turn your brightness down if you're able to. It's because the CPU or whatever in the DSTWO, it eats up battery power like a bitch.

Still better than Gamegear. Remember how many batteries you'd have to put in that thing a day to play it?! YIKES!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we all know that the Supercard DSTWO kills battery very fast.

I can get up to about 3-4 hours of playing the DSTWO on my DS with the lowest Brightness setting. That's as far as it can go.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Well the DSi doesn't have the best battery life to begin with. Turn your brightness down if you're able to. It's because the CPU or whatever in the DSTWO, it eats up battery power like a bitch.

Still better than Gamegear. Remember how many batteries you'd have to put in that thing a day to play it?! YIKES!

Yeah but you could play Alex Kidd in Shinobi world!!!
[on topic] Battery life an the price are the only real problems with the DSTwo, "with great power comes less than great battery life"

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flash carts with more features tend to eat up battery more quickly. Try turning off some of those features that you don't need (if it's even possible). Otherwise, I suppose you could get a simpler flash cart but that's not worth it in my opinion. And no, your DS battery will not die.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Terminator02 said:
well that's weird, how long does your battery normally last?

i get many hours (7-9ish) on my DS Lite
This!

I never had any problems getting long life... and I don't have the darkest settings even
ohmy.gif

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
bloodred said:
I get only about 2 hours out of my dsi fully charged when using a scdstwo its almost you have to have it plugged in to play it lol
Will I need to get a new battery from Nintendo is this keeps happening? and should I get an Acekard 2i?

I get 5 hours without any problems on my 6 month old DSI

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
ShadowSoldier said:

No way. My DSi lasts more than 6 hours and I'm using a Supercard DSTwo. Brightness set in 2. Indoors you don't need more than that.

bloodred

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pichon64 said:
ShadowSoldier said:

No way. My DSi lasts more than 6 hours and I'm using a Supercard DSTwo.

WHAT BRIGHTNESS LEVEL?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How old is your DS battery? If it went through multiple charges like, a lot, it's most likely the battery itself. I think these batteries only have a charge limit of around 1000 times? I could be wrong. But that's being generous. The more charges you give the battery, ironically, the shorter it will last.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
How old is your DS battery? If it went through multiple charges like, a lot, it's most likely the battery itself. I think these batteries only have a charge limit of around 1000 times? I could be wrong. But that's being generous. The more charges you give the battery, ironically, the shorter it will last.

wrong, lithium ion batteries can be charged quite often, it is bad to charge a ds battery when it is low in juice.

QUOTEA lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article...based_batteries

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: