Hacking SCDS2 In-Game menu

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have no clue how to bring it up. The manual says to press L+R+Start, but that doesn't work. So I assume I have to activate it somewhere in the menu. But where?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By default I think the DSTWO is set to L+R+START+SELECT.
To change this to something you'd much rather prefer, when in the DS_Game menu click on start and go to System Settings->Hotkey once here click on any of the buttons you'd like to use in combination to make the in-game DSTWO menu appear and click Okay.
Now test it out on a couple of games, I'm not sure but if I'm remembering correctly some games won't allow the menu you to appear.
This will probably be fixed in a future update.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
When you've loaded up DS_GAME, press Start to bring up a list of options. Select "System settings" for another list. Select "Hot Key", and a display will show of what button combination is needed to access the in-game menu. You can also change it if you want.

As far as actually accessing the in-game menu, a DS game must be loaded. If the menu doesn't work, then wait till the game shows a different scenario. For a game like Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, at any time you weren't in battle or looking through menus, the in-game menu could not be accessed. If it doesn't work at all with one game, try another and see if there is any difference.

edit: I'm too slow.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
By default I think the DSTWO is set to L+R+START+SELECT.
To change this to something you'd much rather prefer, when in the DS_Game menu click on start and go to System Settings->Hotkey once here click on any of the buttons you'd like to use in combination to make the in-game DSTWO menu appear and click Okay.
Now test it out on a couple of games, I'm not sure but if I'm remembering correctly some games won't allow the menu you to appear.
This will probably be fixed in a future update.

Deafult for me was L+R+Start. It's enabled by default.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it defaults to L+R+Start. Also the in game menu might not always work in all areas though it hasn't ever locked up the game like the CycloDS has. As an example, in Chrono Trigger it works everywhere except the overworld map (in menus, in a building or dungeon, or in combat).

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similarly in Clubhouse Games, you have to hold the mapped buttons for the In Game Menu until it pops up. Sometimes it won't pop up more than once the entire time you play the game until you reset it.

So I'm guessing the In-Game Menu hooking system still needs a lot of work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...