Gaming Misc Scarlet Violet General Chat

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figure there should be a thread that encompasses general topics (like "WTF, is that Gimmighoul?") and should pro bab ly not contain: battle/clone/trade requests.....but....w/e
So first, I'd like to remind people choosing grass cat potentially puts you at a disadvantage versus most gyms.
There are an abundance of healing items scattered on the ground; they can even look like "little shiny gold pieces lol oro itos"
battling repetitive "glob nests" helps make TMs (its a process ala PLeg. Arceus-ish)
Gimmieghoul has collectible coins--press "A" near him to nab. I think the 'mon version is in a chest??
There's anti-cheat in this game.
A lot of ppl are probably going to get banned from this game.

What have you noticed?? You can "fish" w/o a rod? Where tf is Ditto? Do abilities get super-nerfed for good reason? Was that a miss-able mon you wish you could go back and get??butnoonetoldyou???

Any way, if you feel its a major spoiler, please put a spoiler tag.
Post automatically merged:

breeding is confirmed; no sign of Ditto yet

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got Iono's Gym trial to work? Can't seem to select Mr. Walkabout lol
I'll check eventually...I went west.
Any cheats on? People have $$ cheats and are having issues wit that gym, I hear.
shiny powder
probably
Proto Marinada's food/auction market?
I got [ Sneasles ] Razor Claw there, as well as random items by biding.
It could also be in a shop, randomly--I found Silver Powder and a few other battle items sprinkled in shops.
I've noticed a new gameplay feature in gen ix
Apparently, you can buy food in restaurant and they'd have an effect
Anyone knows their meaning?
For example, Encounter Power : Electric lv.1
What does it mean? That i have more chances of encountering electric pokemon? If so, what does lv.1 means? Is it some sort of xp? If i order more of it, does it increase further the chances?
Food does what it says; mainly used for hatching. Levels up in other towns, but staggered. For instance, you can have 3, L.1 powers, then get an upgraded ice cream that gives 2 L.2, but 1, L.1,
The shops are really, really scattered and varied; a guy can sell you ice cream in the middle of nowhere; a shop can be down a deserted alley. By the 2nd Gym-area, you'll unlock stuff by playing thart'll help you get more things to make the food matter.

Also, for those who wonder, Ditto is in the game,
you'll have to play Where's Waldo to find him by Proto Marinada-area
------------------

im looking for a complete dex cheat, can someone help with it?
If anyone has a working x999 Master Ball please let us know!
theres a 100% catch code--makes it look less hacker-y.

@tymmac
I think you might be better off posting your save once you beat the game--there are so many things crashing ppls games bc they dont have ____ unlocked, so your save can help them test what is in VS what will be.

Also, sometimes, encounters are completely random, and even weather-based, so multiple locations unlocked and a "way" to traverse terrain.
---------
Want 3 starter

how u make or get all 3 starters at start of the game some one made a game save like that how they do that ?
Try using the encounter code after you get a ditto & breeding to make an egg. release the parents after just in case.
------

locked behind the barriers
would probably freeze--most of the codes let you do it, but the ability is potential poop (unless sap sipper vaporeon or w/e) and they freeze or wont evo. Eggs are a mystery.
-------
hate the standard clothes you wear.

I mean the trailers clearly showed
I found a clothing shop where the water gym is, but it seems mildly gender-specific....and a shop for biking helmets....finally got to a salon, but no new cuts or dog hair cuts....yet.

Unless there's a very specific NPC we need to find...I mean, I still didn't try the pokecamera

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

badblood08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's wrong, but whenever I press R on a wild pokemon, my Pokemon shows this water droplets icon on the lower left of my screen, and it does not attack any wild pokemons at all. I might've missed this in the instructions, but do you know how to fix this?

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm waiting for official release since I want to play online with friends and don't want to replay the whole game, but I'm keeping up with leaks 'n things and planning my team and I'm thrilled that this gen seems to have all of my favs available. Would any of you who have gone through most of the game mind telling me which of these you can get relatively early? Before sw/sh it was easy to figure out when you could get something since the games were relatively linear but since these are open world I don't have a clue what I can beeline for.

Growlithe, Slowpoke, Gastly, Dratini, Mareep, Wooper, Chansey, Swablu, Murkrow, Goomy, Applin

mitchconner29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm waiting for official release since I want to play online with friends and don't want to replay the whole game, but I'm keeping up with leaks 'n things and planning my team and I'm thrilled that this gen seems to have all of my favs available. Would any of you who have gone through most of the game mind telling me which of these you can get relatively early? Before sw/sh it was easy to figure out when you could get something since the games were relatively linear but since these are open world I don't have a clue what I can beeline for.

Growlithe, Slowpoke, Gastly, Dratini, Mareep, Wooper, Chansey, Swablu, Murkrow, Goomy, Applin

so ive finished two gym now, around the second gym electricity one, i found growlithe, slowpoke, wooper, murkrow around level 20+, only found happiny (level 10+) in the early game.

other's i have not found, but I'm going at my own pace exploring.

minor spoiler, but i find the gym leaders absolutely punishing compared the older entries.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Blackdragonx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Figure there should be a thread that encompasses general topics (like "WTF, is that Gimmighoul?") and should pro bab ly not contain: battle/clone/trade requests.....but....w/e
So first, I'd like to remind people choosing grass cat potentially puts you at a disadvantage versus most gyms.
There are an abundance of healing items scattered on the ground; they can even look like "little shiny gold pieces lol oro itos"
battling repetitive "glob nests" helps make TMs (its a process ala PLeg. Arceus-ish)
Gimmieghoul has collectible coins--press "A" near him to nab. I think the 'mon version is in a chest??
There's anti-cheat in this game.
A lot of ppl are probably going to get banned from this game.

What have you noticed?? You can "fish" w/o a rod? Where tf is Ditto? Do abilities get super-nerfed for good reason? Was that a miss-able mon you wish you could go back and get??butnoonetoldyou???

Any way, if you feel its a major spoiler, please put a spoiler tag.
Post automatically merged:

breeding is confirmed; no sign of Ditto yet
I found ditto yes in pokémon scarlet it is disguised as another pokémon

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone tried to make a sandwich with shining power? Or shining power + egg power? Also, how long do sandwiches last? I can't seem to find any kind of indicator.

RJMayhem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably just missing it but how do you change cloths after you've bought them?

Found it Left on D Pad. I was looking for a option in a menu or a uses able place like a wardrobe.

Last edited by RJMayhem,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson