jgu1994 said:SoulSnatcher said:I hate to say it but he's right.JKR Firefox said:Scammer?
I think you need to read a dictionary because I highly doubt that was his intention. He isn't selling the hacks, he's performing them for others who may either lack the capacity to do so or are afraid. What's better? This guy or others like him perform the hacks for a small fee or this forum and others like it are flooded with the same questions over and over and over because as I mentioned above most people cannot or are actually wary of altering their Wii in any way and would prefer to have someone with experience do it for them.
You're a douche and you had no right to attack him in the way you did without justification. I could understand if he was charging an exorbitant amount for the service but if not, mind your own business and move along.
He wasn't scamming anyone. He was merely providing his soft-modding services for those who didn't want to do it themself.
Gotta agree with you guys. Making the response add to the "scammer" was uncalled for. He wasn't doing anything wrong. Ethically, maybe he was charging a bit much, but he's a 15 year old kid in Vegas. There probably aren't many places willing to hire him. You definitely can't use the argument that what he did is illegal considering you offered the same service in response. Had you just emailed him saying that it's illegal and that he shouldn't be charging so much for something that can be obtained for free, and in response he called you a douche and insulted you, I would 100% be on the OP's side. But really, this was just uncalled for.
As much as I like dudeonline, I must agree with you guys as well.
To be honest, what we see now it might not be the original ad that triggered dudeonline's reaction, but still, I'd say he over reacted.
The kid is providing a service, that's all.
I modded all my systems, and flashed a couple of DS's back in the flashme days, and although it was relatively easy to do, my brother's girlfriend was afraid to do it herself, even following the simplest guide out there.
I did it for her, and after a few days she brought me a present, for the time I spent modding her DS, downloading and patching the games for her and get her started.
Now I could have advertised myself at work or with my friends and done the same for " presents " but I actually do have a real job and I couldn't be bothered with this stuff.
Speaking of work, I work in a restaurant and the manager doesn't know jack about computers and network systems.
Everytime the main server downstairs in the office shots down or looses the connection, the manager calls this guy that fixes computer part time and gives him at least $50 to fix for symply rebooting the system or resetting his internet connection. Or print some more menues.
Very simple stuff, and yet he doesn't know how to do it , so he's willing to pay this other guy every now and then.
His this guy scamming us ? I don't think so, he comes in anytime on emergency calls, does his thing and leaves.
Basically he provides a service for people who don't know how, or don't have the time or even care.
If people are willing to pay , why not charge ?
The way dudeonline came off was very aggressive IMO, when the kid was sort of " live and let live " attitude, and totally inoffensive.
So with all due respect, the whole thing came a little cruel to me.









