Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have developed a little client to receive save files sent by savsender.

I called it: Savreceiver.

Features:
- Simple
- Fast
- Multi linkers (actually M3/R4 and DSLinker but more in few days)
- Multilingual (Default is French take a look to the readme.txt to know how to turn it into English)
- Step by step tutorial included

screenshotip4.png

Download

(this package includes savsender-1.1)

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You honestly don't know how much I need this. I have been using savsender for a while but hate how complicated it is and that it is just command line. This put together with a GUI is just what I need. Thank you Starcom.fr and welcome to GBAtemp!

Starcom.fr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
Glad to help you.
Ask me if you experiment any problem.

I know that DSLinker display an error message, but it make the save file working just after. This message will be corrected in the next version.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You forgot one thing. On the root of the users card, they must have a folder called "data" and inside that folder another called "settings". Inside the settings folder has to be a file called "savsender.conf".

X:/data/settings/savsender.conf

The .conf file has to be set up like this using notepad

Where line one is the IP address to send the save file and line two is the port.

To find your IP, if you don't know it, open command prompt and type in "ipconfig" (Without the quotations obviously). You can use any number you want for the port. I just happen to pick 1723, no reason.

Starcom.fr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
What do you mean ?

In the readme file I've wrote
QUOTE said:
First, download Savsender from the author's site
( http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/savsender )then install it on your linker
following its author's instructions.

I thought that it was sufficient.
I have not wrote to patch the .nds with the Dldi too.

But if you prefer, I could add an "How to install savsender" chapter in the readme file.
That's right that's not easy for everyone...

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erm, this might be a dumb/obvious question (because this is the first time I'm using it) but in savsender it tells you to press A to backup the save and B to restore the save. Does Savreceiver allow upload a save file back to the commerical cart? If not then how would I do it with another program?

Starcom.fr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
Erm, this might be a dumb/obvious question (because this is the first time I'm using it) but in savsender it tells you to press A to backup the save and B to restore the save. Does Savreceiver allow upload a save file back to the commerical cart? If not then how would I do it with another program?

No. Actually, Savereceiver can't send saves files. I prefer to improve the receiving and enlarge the linkers compatibility list than let an incomplete receiving and add an incomplete sending.

Nothing is technically impossible, and it will done as soon as possible. It's just a personal choice.

A whole lot easier than using netcat. btw How long should most saves take to transfer?

The transfer takes same time as by using netcat.
You can be sure for it because savsender sends the data at the same speed (there is any protocol to control speed or valid transfered datas integrity)

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works great. I only have 1 problem. I cant transfer from my japanese FF3 cart(I do transfer, without errors but the save is unusable). I get "save is damaged" everytime i try to use the save i downloaded.

Edit: I guess fifth time is the charm. Because it worked now. weird
unsure.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So, forgive if these questions are dumb, but I really want to get this to work.

1. So I put the IP Address of my router in the IP place?

2. I only have dial up, and my router actually doesn't do anything for internet access, but would it still be able to get the .sav?

3. Are the .sav's in any particular format? Would I need to convert to DS-X ones?

Thanks.

Starcom.fr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
starcom.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
France
I really want to get this to work too
wink.gif

1. Put your PC local address only

2. No internet connection is necessary.

3. You can try both actual formats. I've read that SC format works on DS-X and SC save files that I've get on the web are similar to the actual Savreceiver's DSLinker format.

Don't forget to type the extension in the file selector because the beta version doesn't add it automatically.
Don't forget to forward the port to your IP too.

If it not work try with the sample port: 33891

I hope it will work for you.

Bungoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a DS-Xtreme, so will that work with the savreceiver? I'm having trouble with getting savsender to work. I followed all the steps for dumping a save. I successfully dumped a save after it says "sending eeprom.......done". But what do I do with the raw file now? I tried moving it into my ds-x folder, but it still wont recognize it. Can some1 please help?? Also the raw save file that was created when using savsender is 8.00KB. Do I need to convert the save file to a certain kind? If so, what is the target source?

Bungoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey starcom, I did what you asked me to do but it still didnt work. It might just be that the DS-X Linker needs to proper, because I downloaded the DS Linker and dumped my save onto it using savsender. Everything worked like it should, but I dont think my ds-x suppoorts those type of saves. The reason I say this is because I compared a ds-x save to the one I thought was gonna work,and the size of the ds-x save is around 3.5 KB while the one I got from the savreceiver is 256 KB (I think this save size is for the R4s and DS Links). So do you think that its not working because you havnt gotten a ds-x link yet, or have you speaken to someone with a ds-x and said it worked great with the savreceiver. Can you please update on the info. Thanks a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5