Saving and freezing issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JerryMLilly, Jan 9, 2012.

Jan 9, 2012
  1. JerryMLilly
    OP

Newcomer JerryMLilly Member

United States
    I just installed ModMii. Everything is working fine. Went to install Wii Sports on my USB HDD and unlike all my other games I backed up to it, this one gave some kind of error. Now it just freezes the whole thing and brings me back to the HBC. It doesn't let me delete it as the button to delete in the cfg is greyed out. I guess I can use the WiiBackUpManager, right. To delete the program? this happen to anyone else? Or know the reason. I have done about 8 other games and they work fine.

Another thing, I downloaded a new theme. It doesn't stay that way at all. So If I go back to wii menu then to HBC then to USB bootloader it has the stock theme again and everything was reverted. Does it save anyway?

Lastly, is there anyway to get back to the USB HDD screen to see my games when I quite a game. The only way I know what to do is go all the way back to the main screen and go through HBC all over again.

Any help would be great. thank you for all your time.

Jerry

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Hi, this is no game issue, it's a USB Loader issue. Which USB Loader have you tried? And which cIOS version you are using? I suggest you to just try to boot the game using Configurable USB Loader to see if it's a broken game.

3. JerryMLilly
    OP

United States
    I am using the configurable loader. I deleted it using the PC.

As for the theming, how do I get theme to stay when I leave the configurableloader?

And how do I get back to loader while in game? Do I have to keep going to main menu then through HBC?

4. FIX94

Germany
    Just set
    return_to_channel = AUTO
    iirc in the config.txt, this should do the trick if you use a forwarder, see my signature. To save themes just select the theme you want and press 2. The game should work fine, which partition type are you using and which cIOS?

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Your ModMii guide has some important notes that are relevant here. When using ModMii's usb-loader setup guide, it will add some lines to configurable usb-loader's config file to lock deleting games and formatting the hard drive (these lines are not added when just downloading the loader by itself from download page 2).

To save your theme I think you need to hit "1" once or twice to get to global options then save them. Alternatively you can save the theme and configure a lot of your settings using the configurator for configurable usb-loader (saved in USB:\usb-loader\).

To have games return to the usb-loader instead of the system menu, use the configurator to set up the "return to" or "return to channel" option. You need to enable it, then input the title id for the usb-loader channel you are using (if you're using the spinning hard drive channel that came with modmii, the title id is "IDCL"). Be sure to save the changes you make in the configurator before exiting.

edit:
    or instead of "IDCL" you can do what FIX94 suggested ("return_to_channel = AUTO")

@FIX94, you can find info on his harddrive from his post in the modmii thread here:
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/page__view__findpost__p__4055256

Also, he should have ModMii's recommended cIOSs installed (so cIOS249 d2x v7 base 56, cIOS250 d2x v7 base 57, etc.)

6. JerryMLilly
    OP

United States
    gonna go mess with it now.. Prolly take me a bit.. but Ill come back with results. Thank you guys.

7. JerryMLilly
    OP

United States
    Good news. I got the Theme mocked up mostly. Have some clear buttons on the bottom with no words in them. But they go to like settings screens. Ideas? Otherwise it works. Need to change resolution of the covers and what-not. A bit distorted but not bad.
    Just realized that I need to change the cios for specific games. I copied MW3 to my HDD and it would run on 249. Only on 250. It tells me when I run it that it can't do the return to channel = AUTO though? What's that mean?

8. FIX94

Germany
    Are you running it from a forwarder channel and have you really added 'return_to_channel = AUTO'?

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    there are a couple titles that require a base 57 cIOS, which ModMii would have installed to slot 250. These games mainly include COD games, but for everything else ModMii's cIOS249 with base 56 should work (unless you're hard drive has terrible compatibility, in which case an alternate base might work).

the return to channel setting is what redirects you from the game's home menu back to the usb-loader instead of the system menu. If the loader is telling you it's disabled, it means that if u load the game, hit home, and select the wii menu, it will actually return you to the wii menu instead of the usb-loader.