Saviine Problem

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by hovuquocan1997, Mar 16, 2017.

1. hovuquocan1997
    OP

hovuquocan1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I read through several posts and also watched videos on youtube about injecting save files using saviine. My Wii U is 5.5.0. I installed saviine on wii u with my computer IP address (IPv4) and put the save file in my inject folder on my laptop. However, when I run the inject.bat file and then launch my game on the wii u, the game just starts like normal and nothing happens. No window popping up on my laptop asking about the injection request. Anyone knows if I did anything wrong? Thank you.

2. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Update to 5.5.1 and try again?

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it's probably as @Felek666 said. I've had no issues dumping or injecting saves with saviine on 5.5.1. there's no telling what effect would occur on lower firmware.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    As others have said, we can't help you troubleshoot until you are on the correct firmware. 5.5.0 needs to be updated to 5.5.1 first before we can help you

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 16, 2017
  5. hovuquocan1997
    OP

hovuquocan1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    I just updated the firmware to 5.5.1, it still doesn't work. The steps I take are: homebrew launcher -> saviine -> setting IP address and install with X -> run inject.bat on laptop -> open game. At this point, no window pops up on my laptop asking for injection. The game is also stuck in the first screen for a while but it finally starts loading and running like normal without any injection.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If the game waits for a while on the first screen it usually means saviine is working. You need to have your inject window running on your PC and "listening". A couple of points on saviine:

- it's generally frowned upon to recommend you turn off your anti virus and firewall but I just do this temporary when I run saviine. It eliminates network connectivity errors. I re enable it all when I'm done

- some file paths like Mk8 saves are very long. For this reason it it recommended that you run saviine on the root of C. My folder structure is this: c:\saviine\inject.bat

7. hovuquocan1997
    OP

hovuquocan1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    I tried turning off firewall and also put the folder in the root of C, it still doesn't work. I guess I will have to play normally haha. Thanks for the help tho :).

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    saviine doesn't like lone folder names which he suggested that location. make sure of that with the injection folder. :)

9. hovuquocan1997
    OP

hovuquocan1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Yes I already tried it, but still nothing. Thank you for your help tho :).

10. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The