Save Injecting via FTP

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EMS_LYNX, Feb 25, 2017.

1. EMS_LYNX
    OP

EMS_LYNX Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    Poland
    Hello everyone!
    I have decided to make a short guide about injecting and dumping save games to and from the Wii U using FTP

This method requires a device capable of FTP connected to the same network as the Wii U (a PC, an Android phone etc.) Your Wii U must also be running CFW (ex. Haxchi or Mocha)

Sooooo, Lets get started

1.Grab FTPiiU anywhere (https://github.com/FIX94/ftpiiu/releases) and install it like any other homebrew app (Create a folder named ftpiiu in /wiiu/apps and put the downloaded file there)

2.Start your Wii U normally

3.Get into the Homebrew Launcher via your preferred method (You should know how to do this if you followed pretty much any wii u hacking guide)

4.Launch ftpiiu like a normal Homebrew app. An ip adress with a port should appear at the bottom left on both your gamepad and tv it should look something like this XXX.XXX.X.XX:XX where X is a number

5.On your device (connected to the same network as your wii u) open your favorite FTP client (on Windows you can even use the stock explorer by typing in ftp://XXX.XXX.XX.XX:XX/ [Replace X with the numbers from your IP]) and input the ip adress (up to the ":") in "host" and the numbers after : to port

WARNING! FTP HAS ACCESS TO A LOT OF YOUR NAND'S DELICATE DATA, REMOVING OR REPLACING ANY FILES COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOU. PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR BRICKS!

6.Go to the correct folder depending on the location of your game
    /storage_usb/usr/save/00050000/ for games on external drives (flash drives, external HDDs)
    /storage_mlc/usr/save/00050000/ for games on your NAND (the console)

(any folders in save other than 00050000 contain savedata for system titles. DO NOT TOUCH THEM)

7.Go to the correct folder for your game. You can find which game is which on this helpful site [http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database]. The corresponding folder is the lower half of the Title ID

8.Go into user and select the correct user to replace the save file or into common to replace common data

9.Replace whetever files you want or just copy them to your device if you want a backup. I havent tested deleting so I'd rather you didnt use it

10.After replacing turn off your ftp client and return to homebrew meny by pressing the Home button

11.Thats it! Launch your game to check

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Some files may be too large for the FTP to process. There is one easy fix that works often, just dodnt transfer all the files, a lot of times just a single file is most of the game's savedata (others are levels, replays etc.)

You can see if the save file worked by launching the game - if you get an error at the games splash that means the save is corrupt, the game cant read the save or something bad happened when transfering - delete the game's save data via data management, run the game once and retry the guide with diffrent files or by just replacing save data)

Other region saves might or might not work

You can get saves from
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-save-files-compilation.427761/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-save-file-sharing-thread.414878/

Games Ive tested
    Super Mario Maker EUR - USA save, just replaced the save file, not the notify one - SUCCESS
    Super Smash Bros EUR - EUR save - SUCCESS
    Mario Kart 8 EUR - Not sure of region of save - SUCCESS
    Splatoon EUR - EUR save - SUCCESS
    Pokken EUR - USA save - SUCCESS (I really want a 100% one tho)
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - FAILURE (The save is too big to transfer)
    Super Mario 3D World - FAILURE (I need to play with it a bit more probably and there are no EUR save lying around so maybe the USA save is problem here)

Please point out any mistakes down below and show me how the method worked for you!

Last edited by EMS_LYNX, Feb 26, 2017
  2. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    if anyone has a 100% save for poken tournament please give us a link

3. reemiqxx

reemiqxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Im only can write on the SD Card wirh FTPiiu? What do i wrong?

4. EMS_LYNX
    OP

EMS_LYNX Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    Poland
    Are you sure you have CFW on your Wii U and are you using the special build linked here?

5. reemiqxx

reemiqxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Yes i have homebrew over Haxchi and the special anywhere edition installed.
    I can see everything but cant access any folder only SD Card.

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Do you have the right edition? There's one for minicfw (haxchi/cbhc) and one for mocha!

7. reemiqxx

reemiqxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    Gambia, The
    i think so? the first one on the page is for haxchi and that i have downloaded.

8. EMS_LYNX
    OP

EMS_LYNX Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    Poland
    Actually the FTP worked for me on Haxchi and after i switched to Mocha