Saves/Gateway/ORAS Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BusinessmanBlastoise, Dec 12, 2014.

1. BusinessmanBlastoise
    OP

BusinessmanBlastoise Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2013
    United States
    Hey guys, it's been a while. Last time I was around we were in the r4 era and Gateway wasn't tangible yet. So, I'm in need of a little refresher (about some things)

I see Gateway is out and working steadily enough to warrant purchasing. I presume it works similar to r4's in that it reads some kind of 3ds rom file on a sd card and exploits 3ds firmware to make it all possible.

I also noticed people have figured out how to edit their ORAS saves by using Gateway and some nifty programs along with PKHeX. Wicked.

Here's where my questions come into play:

1. Using a Gateway with Omega Ruby on it... can I go online to battle people?
    2. Can I use Gateway to export and import saves from a legit card similar to SaveGame-Manager on a r4? I really enjoyed ripping my save off Black 2 using SGM, editing it on PokeGen and throwing it back on my legit cart to use online. *(Can't remember if r4 allowed online play or if I used the r4 to play rom's online, but I remember being able to do this and would prefer to do this for ORAS, unless #1 is possible)

Sorry in advance if any of this is annoying or redundant or if you guys get asked every other day. I know not everyone used an r4 so I'm using it in the general sense.

Also thanks in advance, you guys make the magic happen.

2. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Well for one, Gateway hasn't released a support for 9.x firmware versions, unless you own a 4.x 3Ds.

1)If you own a 4.x 3DS, yes, if you don't, you will be able to go online, once they push the update.

2)You can, but it's a much more complicated process than what it was in the NDS days.

3. BusinessmanBlastoise
    OP

BusinessmanBlastoise Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the quick response.

I'm afraid I'm long past 4.x (9.3 lol). Looks like I'll have to play the waiting game before I can utilize the Gateway :(

No biggie.

In regards to question #2. Is there a guide, list of apps/programs, or general direction you can send me to?