Hacking savemiifrii

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the problem with marcan keeping this a secret.
Also I like how people say he knew about this when he created Save Mii.

If that were the case, why did they use the GC Memory card port and not a GC Pad port?

Sure it may have been a bit of a scandal to keep this all under wraps, I know full well that you'd want profits as well.

It's called business. You don't order a batch of something to give to people who preorded savemiis just to tell them to do this instead.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkLG said:
Yes I took everything apart I just have four d-pad marks which I pushed on and it didn't work would it be easier if I used a normal gamecube controller?or if any has the same controller could someone take pics on how to do it?

Where the pads press down i put some rolled up bits of tape there to force it down - and then more tape to hold it in place and a closed it all up again making sure it was all tight and firmly closed.
All 4 pads are forced down now and it works every time - might be worth trying that.

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SenorClean said:
If you have, or can find a 3rd party controller with this style dpad...

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1430zu0.jpg

you won't need to crack it open
wink.gif

You are right, got one of those and it works.

junk_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gosh, i couldve saved myself sending in my wii from banner brick along time ago to nintendo, but i got my wii back free fully repaired

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a savemii, received it and am pleased. I would buy another to support bushing and marcan. They started the wii revolution and have provided the initial framework for homebrew access to the wii. Their work provides a consistent format for devs to work with. I would gladly buy another but I'm a little strapped for cash. My purchase even though I didn't need it was my way of saying thank you.....more like a donation to a veteran in the US, only I got a got a cool looking chip instead of a paper poppy.

lillboden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now all companys will starts to sell pre soldered d-pads Gc controllers. ""Wii nice looking recovery dongle Gc controller"" haha...
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?21,3069

go here and look how he is busy with the piracy crap and can't answer a sincere request about his merchandise... busy like that?

1.m
I myself sought for help in both wiibrew forums and in your blog...
Quite honestly, blog comments aren't exactly the best way of seeking help. As for the forum, I'm not necessarily a regular either.

1.w
yeah I know it, it's best to idle in irc channels and beg instead... still if it's affecting someone's merchandise, don't expect anything...

2.m
you are not being of any help was just because you wanted to make more money out of this savemii business...
wha?

2.w
tf...

3.m
Hell I ordered it... here is a transcript of my mail exchange with bushing, notice how he cuts the communication as soon as he hears about the datel freeloader disc...
Actually, he's kind of been busy with work lately. Such as taking a 10-day trip to china (SaveMii unrelated). Thanks for drawing your own conclusions though.

3.w
Look into my above response... or do you actually also represent him in wiibrew forums too... Ah I remembered you are not much into forum stuff... you are more like an irc type...

4.m
And he certainly did not cut communication due to the freeloader thing. Hell, he's actually interested in it.

In case you're wondering, he doesn't even know about this yet, nor have I been able to contact him. He's a busy guy.

4.w
Not getting a response for a week just makes me think about that... Of course I have no real proof about that...

5.m
Remember, he has a real job and I have university. Wii dev is a hobby.

5.w
Same here, me trying to unbrick my wii is completely personal... I have a job, I have a family...

6.m
You lied to people saying you looked everywhere that there was no easy method to activate recovery menu...
Dude, at least two groups of people looked hard at that part of the system menu (us and crediar) and neither of us found anything. crediar didn't even suspect that this even existed until today. It's not trivial unless you're looking at an old 2.x menu, but we got there too late once SaveMii was already well on track.

6.w
Thanks to you I didn't seriously look into those stuff because I trusted the words from tweezers... you/team tweezers said there were no easy glitches to jump into the recovery menu... I don't know how many serious hackers that can handle the job is out there yet I think it should not be trivial to find it for those who have the means... Still it's damn pity if noone noticed it earlier...

7.m
but damn it was just an easy job for you to hunt for the gc pad accesses in the system menu.
If it's so easy why didn't anyone else figure it out either?

7.w
maybe they trusted you, like me...

8.m
I don't believe you didn't know this before you gave a big order to produce savemiis in china...
You're putting me in a great position here. How am I supposed to prove that I didn't know this? Magic? I can produce IRC logs if you want, but those can be faked, so that's rather futile.

People just overlooked those parts because they trusted you... But you don't deserve to be trusted... none of you tweezers...
Fine, stop using our stuff and certainly stop buying our stuff. Have a good day. Thanks, bye.

8.w
IRC logs, I have them thanks... that response "if you don't like it then don't buy" is not the case here... I already got it... both software and hardware...

9.m
Even the hype that you create about your over testing your code is just bullshit... now I can see savemii can't do anything about a banner brick with bad 0.app archive... (System files corrupted case)
What? It can fix all of those problems as long as you have the option of using fakesigned discs. Hell, we even drew pretty diagrams for you to follow. We made it very clear that this isn't some magic fix, and that there are certain conditions that need to be met. Everyone knows what SaveMii does. It boots autoboot fakesigned discs. On 3.x it installs any updates. On 2.x it installs autoboot updates. Period.

9.w
What's the configuration you tested with the system files corrupted case? It doesn't work for me... I would expect solid response as to what would work what would not... and for the diagrams, thanks I can draw them on my mind with the information I gathered so far...

10.m
Those on 2.0 menus suffered from another problem...
Mostly related to using bad ISOs. I even made a disc to make 2.x boot unautoboot discs as a sort of preloader (menuloader style), but never got around to releasing it because other things like the new update got in the way, and then I forgot about it.

10.w
So you did already have a menu patching solution and you didn't released... I didn't get surprised... since it's just as simple for someone with good wii internal information and ppc
assembly to throw it in in just a few hours... the bad thing about the thing though they are good for those who have an already modded wii with trucha capabilities... they won't need savemii....

11.m
You didn't bother to test these cases even you had an option to unbrick your wiis with an infectus
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have an infectus and have never had one. If my Wii is bricked then I am thoroughly screwed. Unlike Waninkoko, I didn't opt to sell myself to some website in exchange for an infectused Wii. And as much as I screw around with mine, I'm *really* careful about stuff that could brick it.

11.w
You yourself said that in this forum you as a team had members that have infectus recovery options... I didn't invented this shit out of my a.. You, bushing or someone else... surely you had the option to thoroughly test it...

12.m
What else... nothing...
Right.

12.w
Yes

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone upload pics or a video of how they made the thing work with their Gamecube Controller because I still can't get it to boot.

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Twiizers wasn't aware of the alternative method when SaveMii was created and made available to the public for a monetary compensation I think we'll all agree noone will ever get rich from. So, WiiCrazy, what exactly is it you are asking, or even demanding? I.e., what's your point?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
denzil said:
Team Twiizers wasn't aware of the alternative method when SaveMii was created and made available to the public for a monetary compensation I think we'll all agree noone will ever get rich from. So, WiiCrazy, what exactly is it you are asking, or even demanding? I.e., what's your point?

Are you the spokesman for team tweezers?

For you, someone to share his opinions about a subject should mean demanding something, asking something? Point is there if you are clever enough to read it...
Don't answer this, this is not a question...

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
For you, someone to share his opinions about a subject should mean demanding something, asking something?
Of course, there always is something you want to achieve. Certainly you go through great lengths quoting people, listing e-mails, and wordily accusing people. So I gather what you are asking is that everyone should be mistrusting Team Twiizers from now on? That's the impression I get.

And as for your other question:
QUOTEAre you the spokesman for team tweezers?
Is only the spokesman for Team Twiizers allowed to ask you questions? You certainly do realize the concept of a "forum": You present your opinion to veryone, everyone is allowed to react.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe they trusted you, like me...
Trust is a weakness. And we're not above mistakes, as you seem to assume. If you think there's a chance that we might be wrong (and there probably is), go check yourself.

WiiCrazy said:
IRC logs, I have them thanks...
No you don't, at least not of the channels that I'm talking about

WiiCrazy said:
that response "if you don't like it then don't buy" is not the case here... I already got it... both software and hardware...
Then you should have thought twice about buying it. And get rid of the software, just in case.

WiiCrazy said:
What's the configuration you tested with the system files corrupted case?
Any. Unless we've missed something, once you're in recovery mode, there's no way of getting that error code to even run. And I don't think it can happen during initialization, before recovery mode runs. Heck, it doesn't even initialize the normal graphics system. And if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me and help the community. This isn't an exact science.

If you get to the version number screen and inserting a disc causes the error, then we've missed something.

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Nov 4 2008, 03:27 AM) So you did already have a menu patching solution and you didn't released... I didn't get surprised... since it's just as simple for someone with good wii internal information and ppc assembly to throw it in in just a few hours... the bad thing about the thing though they are good for those who have an already modded wii with trucha capabilities... they won't need savemii....
What? You don't know what you're talking about. I had a TEMPORARY patching system. Really just menuloader with a patch added to make all discs look like autoboot to the system menu. That doesn't help anyone avoid SaveMii, so you're wrong as to the reason why we didn't get around to releasing it. On the other hand, we're working on BootMii which makes SaveMii useless for those who install it, so you're entirely wrong on whether we'd help people avoid the need for SaveMii.

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Nov 4 2008, 03:27 AM)
You yourself said that in this forum you as a team had members that have infectus recovery options... I didn't invented this shit out of my a.. You, bushing or someone else... surely you had the option to thoroughly test it...
Sure, some people have an infectus. And? You expect us to test every possibility? Sorry, that's not an option - there are thousands of ways of bricking a Wii. We tested common configurations, and didn't expect 2.x to have such a different recovery code. Sure, that was a mistake. Big deal. It still works with 2.x. You'd be entitled to some bitching rights if you had a bricked 2.x wii and SaveMii were useless, but sorry, that's not the case because it does work with 2.x.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to tear apart their (formerly 30$) GC pad and get rid of their savemii,

I may be interested in purchasing such a sweet looking little gadget.

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Sorry marcan,

You took all this right into the wrong way... From now on how do you expect people to trust you / team tweezers?

I myself sought for help in both wiibrew forums and in your blog... you are not being of any help was just because you wanted to make more money out of this savemii business... Hell I ordered it... here is a transcript of my mail exchange with bushing, notice how he cuts the communication as soon as he hears about the datel freeloader disc...

zOMG, bushing fails at customer service. news at 11. (This is part of the problem of getting several hundred emails a day, some personal, some about SaveMii, and some about "real work". As marcan mentioned, I've been travelling out of the country for a week and a half, and didn't really have time to sit through and chew through all of my unread messages.)

In all seriousness, yours was one of the first 5 SaveMiis I sent out -- and I don't have any way of tracking them, since my options for shipping abroad look like:

* USPS First Class International: $2
* USPS Priority Mail International: $12
* USPS First Class International (Registered): $13

Guess which one I used to send out your SaveMii, as well as everyone else's? Guess which ones offer a tracking number I can use to help you figure out why you haven't received the device I sent you?

Marcan can ship using Registered Mail for a far more reasonable price, so I forwarded your address to him to have him try sending you one; hopefully that will work out better.

I'm sorry to see that you think that I freeze up at the mention of Freeloader -- I told you over PM on the Wiibrew forums that Datel was nice enough to actually send me a couple of free copies of the newest NTSC/U Freeloader. They did that almost a month ago, and right before I left on my trip I was able to pop it in my Wii and see that it did have a splash screen and does change that splash screen in response to a file on the SD card. I intend to take some nice video caps of that and write up a nice blog post, but I was neither in a position to do that nor to mail you out another SaveMii when you wrote me.

Please don't take it personally -- it's what happens when you have a couple of amateurs trying to make and sell an honest, useful product; I guess we'd have been better off leaving it to "professionals".

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
How does the Starfall method using the Y differ from the up/down/left/right method, as in execution in the code not the end results?

I was planning on buying a SaveMii anyway once they come back in stock for America orders anyway, just to support Team Twiizers.

-FTen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-