Hacking savemiifrii

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
I have a PSX to GC adapter not sure if it will work but I have a few PSX pads that are solder-less hacked

doesn't work for me, because for the system recognizes the adaptor itself, but won't respond to the controller until about two seconds later...I don't know enough about hardware latency/responsiveness to tell ya why.

QUOTE(IronMask @ Dec 10 2008, 11:57 AM) So far I can only get 2 out of 7 screws...the rest are in a deep hole that my current screwdriver won't go down in to get a bite... And I made a special trip just get a screwdriver that would fit...doh!
blink.gif

lol, I did the same basic deal, when I first dremeled, I just modified a decently sturdy bit, but the drill was too large and I actually said "Doh!"

morinzo1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my 1 button SaveMiiFrii Simple Mod Tutorial, i threw this together real quick, and tested on several wii's. it works perfect and you dont have to keep a controller apart. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. thanks

SaveMiiFrii Simple Mod

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
morinzo1978 said:
Here is my 1 button SaveMiiFrii Simple Mod Tutorial, i threw this together real quick, and tested on several wii's. it works perfect and you dont have to keep a controller apart. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. thanks

SaveMiiFrii Simple Mod

haha i thought of doing this the other day in another thread looks like you beat me lol

how are things at Acid not been over there in a long time?

shaka!!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Since it was bumped:

I've just recently bricked (I think it's bricked, if it's not I have no idea what it is) my wii. Every time I try to boot it up I just get a blank screen. No safety warning, no error code, just black.

It bricked after restarting my wii from a systemmenuv290.wad installation, I think I skipped a file in the process or something like that.

My stats are v3.2E.
No starfall.
HBC installed.
I have TP but the saved hack file is not current on my wii.
No modchips.

Will the GC Pad method work on my Wii?

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaka!! said:
Since it was bumped:

I've just recently bricked (I think it's bricked, if it's not I have no idea what it is) my wii. Every time I try to boot it up I just get a blank screen. No safety warning, no error code, just black.

It bricked after restarting my wii from a systemmenuv290.wad installation, I think I skipped a file in the process or something like that.

My stats are v3.2E.
No starfall.
HBC installed.
No modchips.

I don't think you can recover unless the TP Hack is on your Wii already.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Matt93 said:
shaka!! said:
Since it was bumped:

My stats are v3.2E.
No starfall.
HBC installed.
No modchips.

If you had a mod chip on 3.2 you can run fakesigned discs and bring it back to life. Popping in a same region original with a newer update on it might fix it.

shaka!!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
SenorClean said:
Matt93 said:
shaka!! said:
Since it was bumped:

My stats are v3.2E.
No starfall.
HBC installed.
No modchips.

If you had a mod chip on 3.2 you can run fakesigned discs and bring it back to life. Popping in a same region original with a newer update on it might fix it.

So do the GC Pad method but instead of Twilight Princess put in a game with a newer update? Does Super Smash Bros have a recent update on it?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaka!! said:
SenorClean said:
Matt93 said:
shaka!! said:
Since it was bumped:

My stats are v3.2E.
No starfall.
HBC installed.
No modchips.

So do the GC Pad method but instead of Twilight Princess put in a game with a newer update? Does Super Smash Bros have a recent update on it?

we'll seeing how you tried to install a system 290 wad, which is PAL,and is 3.2 you'll need a game that contains a 3.3 update, Wii Music is one that contains this firmware, theres a few more but i can't remember, but first try and see if the savemiifrii method wii even boot into recovery mode, before you o out a rent a game

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be very surprised if it didn't work in 4.0... Nintendo still need to fix 4.0 wiis right?
tongue.gif

Wario Shake
MadWorld
Pikmin
Rune Factory
House of the Dead Overkill

Will all have newer than 3.2 updates on them. SSBB has 3.2 so I doubt it'd help.

theoperator288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cause I have tried COUNTLESS times, and I cannot get a version number to show up in my bottom right hand corner...

I have version 4.0 and cant figure out why it wont work.

**EDIT**
I realized why now....
My system menu does not exist, thus no recovery menu.... well that sucks...

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive got a wii that powers on but thats all. Nothing comes up on screen but the power button is lit up and the drive makes a noise as if there is a dvd in the drive. Will this work for me???

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
Ive got a wii that powers on but thats all. Nothing comes up on screen but the power button is lit up and the drive makes a noise as if there is a dvd in the drive. Will this work for me???

From the site:

So your Wii is bricked
When powered on, your Wii displays nothing but an error message, or nothing at all? We may have just the solution for your problem. There's a good chance a nifty little piece of hardware can allow you to fix your system. We call it SaveMii.
Most “bricks” are the result of poor error checking or bugs in the Wii's System Menu. For example, if you have installed a system update off a wrong region's disk, the System Menu will only display an “Opera” error message and halt without running disks anymore. SaveMii will let you break out of this condition.
SaveMii allows to skip most of the System Menu startup process, especially the part that fails and halts the boot process. Instead, it causes the Wii to directly run software off a disk. Depending on the Wii's system version, and whether your Wii has a modchip installed, this allows you to either run a system update off a legit Wii disk, or a custom-made disk containing updates or homebrew tools.
Get to know the system startup process and see if SaveMii can help you with your problem. SaveMii is available right now, we are happy to take your order!

From what I can tell, you would need to have a modchip installed and have Twilight Princess modified so that it does an Autoboot. This is the only way it would work. If you dont have a modchip installed, sorry but you seem to be screwed.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
supermodchips said:
TudorBlue said:

From the site:

So your Wii is bricked
When powered on, your Wii displays nothing but an error message, or nothing at all? We may have just the solution for your problem. There's a good chance a nifty little piece of hardware can allow you to fix your system. We call it SaveMii.
Most “bricks” are the result of poor error checking or bugs in the Wii's System Menu. For example, if you have installed a system update off a wrong region's disk, the System Menu will only display an “Opera” error message and halt without running disks anymore. SaveMii will let you break out of this condition.
SaveMii allows to skip most of the System Menu startup process, especially the part that fails and halts the boot process. Instead, it causes the Wii to directly run software off a disk. Depending on the Wii's system version, and whether your Wii has a modchip installed, this allows you to either run a system update off a legit Wii disk, or a custom-made disk containing updates or homebrew tools.
Get to know the system startup process and see if SaveMii can help you with your problem. SaveMii is available right now, we are happy to take your order!

From what I can tell, you would need to have a modchip installed and have Twilight Princess modified so that it does an Autoboot. This is the only way it would work. If you dont have a modchip installed, sorry but you seem to be screwed.

the twilight hack wouldn't work since the wii is on 4.0

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
supermodchips said:
TudorBlue said:

From the site:

So your Wii is bricked

the twilight hack wouldn't work since the wii is on 4.0
Opps. Missed that part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY