bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
bnm81002 said:
YES it worked thanks for the solution
No problem, great to hear that it works and that you was able to download the file because I am new to dropbox and I was not sure if the file was uploaded correctly.

it downloaded fine with no problems, I've seen your other work keep up the good work, thanks again

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
This new savemanager is compatible with Nand emulation right?
...and thanks for the rotating star. My baby goes crazy when he sees it. (He says "mas, mas" it means "more, more")

to make savemanager_GX compatible with nand emulation

you just need cios 249 rev14 on your emunand (uneek)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask why we need to use cIOS249? I dont really know much about cIOS and emu-nand, but what I read is they conflict with each other.

Why wont the ios58test.dol work on emu-nand since it doesnt require a cIOS?

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Can I ask why we need to use cIOS249? I dont really know much about cIOS and emu-nand, but what I read is they conflict with each other.

Why wont the ios58test.dol work on emu-nand since it doesnt require a cIOS?

do not work for me just black screen

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I haven't followed this thread much, but there is something mentioned in the joyflow thread (yes, it's off-topic there) that I can confirm: Waninkoko's rev14 apparently works on Uneek+DI (that most likely goes for the other sneek variants as well).

I can confirm that savegame manager gx (the R098 one) works on it: it finds the savegames on the emu-nand fine and installs earlier extracted savegames (from the real nand) to the emu-nand fine as well.
smile.gif

At first glance, it seems to work with your test v_24 as well, dj_skual (nice interface, btw
smile.gif
). Can't say I have checked things thoroughly, as the program was still rather new to me and it wasn't designed for uneek in the first place.

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just one request, is it possible to make the program look for the .cfg file in the appdir first (sd:/apps/savegame_manager_gx/savegame_manager_gx.cfg), then config folder?

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick reply to say this homebrew was INDISPENSABLE for me when I lost most of my PAL games when my younger brother formatted my HDD (I recovered 7 of a billion games....yay....) and my new disks are all in NTSC. I had to export the saves to make them compatible with my newly made copies.

So myself and my countless hours in MH3, Muramasa, and the litany of other games I had not beaten yet thank you so much! :]

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
lenny_kano said:
just one request, is it possible to make the program look for the .cfg file in the appdir first (sd:/apps/savegame_manager_gx/savegame_manager_gx.cfg), then config folder?
think it's a good idea to store all configs files in the update path by default
will see that for new version of the app
wink.gif

edit:
i cant' if i want keep ability to change the update path, the config file need to stay at the same place.
sorry...
frown.gif

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no biggie, already compiled my own, just thought it made sense as most other apps i use which used to rely on the config folder now use the app folder instead. i think ignoring update path, and checking for absolute directory "sd:/apps/savegame_manager_gx/savegame_manager_gx.cfg", then if the file/folder doesnt exist, checking for "sd:/config/savegame_manager_gx.cfg", should allow people who want to change the update path to do so without breaking anything, and allow people who prefer the config in the app dir to do so also by keeping the directory named as it is by default.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
lenny_kano said:
no biggie, already compiled my own, just thought it made sense as most other apps i use which used to rely on the config folder now use the app folder instead. i think ignoring update path, and checking for absolute directory "sd:/apps/savegame_manager_gx/savegame_manager_gx.cfg", then if the file/folder doesnt exist, checking for "sd:/config/savegame_manager_gx.cfg", should allow people who want to change the update path to do so without breaking anything, and allow people who prefer the config in the app dir to do so also by keeping the directory named as it is by default.
ok,
send me a svn patch for test_r26 version sources.
i will certainly add that to the app
but i think i need to modify the forwarder to match this change
thx

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tested v25 with emulated nand and i can say that it work great for me. many thanks for your work
biggrin.gif

i cant install savegames into nand if i didnt play/start a game before. savegame manager gx says UID error. is this a bug?

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
nintendiw!! said:
i tested v25 with emulated nand and i can say that it work great for me. many thanks for your work
biggrin.gif

i cant install savegames into nand if i didnt play/start a game before. savegame manager gx says UID error. is this a bug?
thx for your report.
have you used cIOSrev14 for your test?

no, it's not a bug cause the app need to have a pre-installed save of the game if you want install a new save.
the app just modify, install, remove files from the DATA path of the nand, so others files and folders need to be created by the game.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Hello People,

I'm looking about Themers to make some themes for the new version of the app
Spiffy360.com are the official SaveGame Manager GX Theme Site.

Themes are in the same way of UsbloaderGX themes or language files.

The original theme is available HERE.

to test your theme you need to use the "test_vXX.dol" available HERE.

Thx for your interest.

PS: if you need add some "color", "positions" or "size", please ask HERE.
PS2: submit your work to Spiffy360.com HERE.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
News From WIP:

* First ManageAll commit (SaveGames functions only working).
* Some sources images clean.
* Modified the forwarder :
FAT, NTFS and EXT2FS are supported for USB.

look for:
*boot.dol in Settings.ConfigPath in savegamemanagergx configfile
*sd:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.dol
*sd:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.dol
*sd:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.elf
*sd:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.elf
*usb:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.dol
*usb:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.dol
*usb:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.elf
*usb:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.elf

the forwarder look inside the meta.xml about the "no_ios_reload" flag to send
argument to the application (not effect for now on the app).
test_v28.dol

please report issue about implemented fonctions here:
IssueReporting

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dj_skual said:
nintendiw!! said:
biggrin.gif

thx for your report.
have you used cIOSrev14 for your test?

no, it's not a bug cause the app need to have a pre-installed save of the game if you want install a new save.
the app just modify, install, remove files from the DATA path of the nand, so others files and folders need to be created by the game.

i didnt use the cIOS rev14, i use no_ios_reload. i can install save games (without the cIOS rev14) if the game was started before, if not your tool says UID error.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@dj_skual

Is there a reason why the SaveGame Manager switches to Wanikoko cios 249 or 250?
I altered the code a bit to leave that out, and the program still seems to work as expected.

The reason I ask is for the sneek/uneek users. Not reloading the cios would make the installation
of the older rev.14 cios unnecessairy.

I can send you the modified code if you would like to take a look at it. It might not be based on your latest releases
of the program. It runs fine on my setup and seems to load and save as expected.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
obcd said:
@dj_skual

Is there a reason why the SaveGame Manager switches to Wanikoko cios 249 or 250?
I altered the code a bit to leave that out, and the program still seems to work as expected.

The reason I ask is for the sneek/uneek users. Not reloading the cios would make the installation
of the older rev.14 cios unnecessairy.

I can send you the modified code if you would like to take a look at it. It might not be based on your latest releases
of the program. It runs fine on my setup and seems to load and save as expected.
have you try to install and extract saves?
if yes and working, please send me your patch and tell me on what version and revision it is based.
thx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn