Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Alright, I'll try that later. Is this version compatible with vWii? Because I noticed on the main release that there was a special dol for vWii, which I used, but I don't see that here.
with the beta branch i restarted coding the app from scratch, just is missing "batch" mii and GC saves management. yes it's compatible with wii and vwii.
no time anymore to finish the code and no one seems to be interested to finish the job...

Reactions: cvskid

Charix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the beta branch i restarted coding the app from scratch, just is missing "batch" mii and GC saves management. yes it's compatible with wii and vwii.
no time anymore to finish the code and no one seems to be interested to finish the job...
Well now I see a device called "rawB" which I'm assuming is the SD card, however I get an error. It just says "Error: Unable to copy datas". When I try to compress instead of extract, it says "Error: Unable to compress datas". Am I doing something wrong?

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Well now I see a device called "rawB" which I'm assuming is the SD card, however I get an error. It just says "Error: Unable to copy datas". When I try to compress instead of extract, it says "Error: Unable to compress datas". Am I doing something wrong?
please, delete the config file before try the new version.
better is to done a fresh install (delete the savegamemanager folder and reinstall the new one)

Medard22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello dj_skual, I want to transfer Skyward Sword savegame from Dolphin to Wii but for some reason I can´t make it work. Wii is homebrew enabled and runs the exactly same game disc dump as Dolphin from USBLoaderGX.
First I created empty save for Skyward Sword on console, exported data.bin file from dolphin and copied the .bin, .dat and .sav file from dolphin save directory. When I try to install it via data.bin the latest two revision of Savegame Manager GX will freeze and crash while "reading data.bin structure", on the latest beta r76 it works fine but game says the save is corrupted.
When I try to install it from the SD card, Savegame Manager shows that it succesfully finished copying the files, but the new save won´t show in the Wii NAND. Actually even the empty save I created disappears. When I run the game afterwards it creates new savegame as if there were no save at all. I tried to export save from the console to Dolphin and it works, dolphin booted empty save file succesfully. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help or tips.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Hello dj_skual, I want to transfer Skyward Sword savegame from Dolphin to Wii but for some reason I can´t make it work. Wii is homebrew enabled and runs the exactly same game disc dump as Dolphin from USBLoaderGX.
First I created empty save for Skyward Sword on console, exported data.bin file from dolphin and copied the .bin, .dat and .sav file from dolphin save directory. When I try to install it via data.bin the latest two revision of Savegame Manager GX will freeze and crash while "reading data.bin structure", on the latest beta r76 it works fine but game says the save is corrupted.
When I try to install it from the SD card, Savegame Manager shows that it succesfully finished copying the files, but the new save won´t show in the Wii NAND. Actually even the empty save I created disappears. When I run the game afterwards it creates new savegame as if there were no save at all. I tried to export save from the console to Dolphin and it works, dolphin booted empty save file succesfully. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help or tips.
perhaps instead to use the data.bin, you should find the save files directly inside dolphin folders... then put on your sd card and try to restore to the console.

I tried this tool time ago and it didn't show the savefiles from a emulated NAND in the HDD, does it now work with them?
had you enabled emunand inside settings?

Medard22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
perhaps instead to use the data.bin, you should find the save files directly inside dolphin folders... then put on your sd card and try to restore to the console.

This is exactly what I tried but when I do that the copied save vanishes from the console, it looks like it somehow corrupts the save in the console NAND and the game will just create a new empty save

Medard22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks anyway, I managed to finally copy the save file by copying the save via System Menu in Dolphin and then extracting the data.bin file from the sd.raw file. Then I copied it to my Wii via data management and it worked fine.
I have no idea why the other methods failed but I am glad I found how to move save games around.

Reactions: dj_skual

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logo.png

Create this topic about my Wii Homebrew: SaveGame Manager GX.​

Last Pre-Compiled Executable (.dol) and HBC Setup Package are always available on the Official Download Page:
Download Featured Files Here.

Here, Features List:
A Savegame/Mii extractor and installer for the Wii.
The GUI is done with LibWiiGui by Tantric and graphics by NeoRame/Cyrex from USB Loader GX.

Features:
• SDHC and USB2 support
• USB support FAT, NTFS and EXT2FS
• Official saves support (data.bin)
• Protected saves support
• Mii Support
• Multilanguage support
• Custom Font support
• SaveGame download (direct download on www.wiisave.com)
• Themes support (download direct on www.spiffy360.com)
• WiiTDB support
• Display informations about Savegames in a special window
(Name, Subname, ID, BlockSize, Icon)
• Display informations about Miis in a special window
(Name, Creator, Date, Gender, Favorite Color)
• Extract, Install, Delete, Copy, Move fonctions are available
• Custom Background Music support (AIF/MP3/OGG/BNS/WAV)
• Online AutoUpdate
• Homebrew Browser
• Channel Browser
• WiiLoad .dol receiver
• Widesreen support
• ScreenSaver

Credits:
Coding: Dj_Skual, Giantpune
Artworks: Neorame, Cyrex, Dj_Skual
Languages: All Translaters

Libwiigui: Tantric
Libogc/Devkit: Shagkur and Wintermute
FreeTypeGX: Armin Tamzarian.
Wiixplorer and UsbloaderGX Teams for sources and tips.
Lustar for WiiTDB (Wii Title DataBase)
Spiffy360 Team for Themes hosting
WiiSave Team for Saves hosting
Attila from wii-info.fr for help and support

Channels (Forwarder):
You can find light and dark official forwarder channels here:
Official Light Channel.
Official Dark Channel.
WiiU (vWii) Official Light Channel.
WiiU (vWii) Official Dark Channel.

Channels infos:
SaveGame Manager GX Official Light Channel:

SaveGame Manager GX Official Dark Channel:

Channels features:

CODE
ID: SMGX

Blocks: 17
AHBPROT: Activated
StartupIOS: 58

Base: WadderBase3_AHPBROT.wad
Animation from: WiiRadio Channel
Design: Dj_Skual

Forwarder:
official from SaveGame Manager GX project rev09.

FAT, NTFS and EXT2FS are supported for USB.

look for:

*sd:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.dol
*sd:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.dol
*sd:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.elf
*sd:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.elf
*usb:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.dol
*usb:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.dol
*usb:/apps/SaveGame_Manager_GX/boot.elf
*usb:/apps/SaveGameManagerGX/boot.elf

the forwarder look inside the meta.xml about the "no_ios_reload" flag to send argument to the application.

Languages:
You can find last updated languages files in sources here:
Download Languages Files Here.

you can done language translation files by the following method:
Please, to be sure your work is good, use Programmer Notepad to edit files
You can find Programmer Notepad here: Download
Check the file format before save (UTF-8 no mark).

Just modify the file in the line corresponding to the transalation between the two ""

Lines MUST look like the following:

msgid "SaveGame GX Text"
msgstr "Your Language Here"

Thanks to not change anything else.
Don't done by copy paste like it's the better way to add some """ in lines and done a bad file.

And please don't translate text that are the same in your language to keep the file as light as possible (translations like "SD", "USB", ...)

Then post here to give to people and then I could update in sources.

Themes:
You can find last updated theme file in sources here:
Download Theme File Here.
Or a default theme to use as template for your work here:
Download Theme Template Here.

you can done Themes by the following method:
The method is the same as to modify language file:
Use Programmer Notepad to edit files
You can find Programmer Notepad here: Download
Check the file format before save (UTF-8 no mark).

Just modify the file in the line corresponding to the transalation between the two ""

Lines MUST look like the following:

msgid "Variable - SaveGame GX Theme text"
msgstr "Your Variable Here - SaveGame GX Theme text"

3 Variable Types:
• thInt = Position, size, ... (1)
• thAlign = element's alignment (left, right, centre, top, bottom, middle)
• thColor = GXColor (r = red value, g = green value, b = bleu value, a = alfa)

Thanks to not change anything else.
Don't done by copy paste like it's the better way to add some """ in lines and done a bad file.

Still to modify Images as you want to done your theme.
Just remember to not change Size of images and save as ".png".

Then post to Spiffy360.com.

Here, Special Fonts:
here a very complete font with Chinese CJK Unified Ideographs:
Complete font ( ヴ , ©, ®, ™, æ, é, à, ...)(20101030)
another one with Japan CJK Unified Ideographs:
Complete font for japan ( ヴ , ©, ®, ™, æ, é, à, ...)(20110601)

if your language is bad displayed, you can try one of the following fonts:
FINNISH FONT
JAPANESE FONT
JAPANESE FONT 2
KOREAN FONT
SCHINESE FONT
TCHINESE FONT
RUSSIAN FONT
RUSSIAN FONT 2

Just place where you want, then browse the font in "Theme Settings".

I am completely recoding the homebrew from scratch!!! If you want help me with SaveGame Manager GX tests and devlopment, go Here.

Here, you can find some Links:
SaveGame Manager GX SourceForge Site:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/savegame-manager-gx/

GameTDB Website:
http://gametdb.com/

Spiffy360 Website:
http://wii.spiffy360.com/

WiiSave Website:
http://www.wiisave.com

Libwiigui Website:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libwiigui/

FreeTypeGX Project Page:
http://code.google.com/p/freetypegx/

Gettext Official Page:
http://www.gnu.org/s...xt/gettext.html

An IRC Channel is avalaible:
On irc.Abjects.net in #SaveGame_Manager_GX
To enter it type this in mIRC chat window: /server -m irc.abjects.net -j #SaveGame_Manager_GX

Partners:

So I got this running on my vWii but the problem is all my wii games are injections and are stored on my wiiu hard drive which is using the WBFS file system so I cant access files on it from pc so to select the saves I select USB but when I go to extract them is trys to extract them to my wiiu's hard drive which I cant just access files from pc on

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
So I got this running on my vWii but the problem is all my wii games are injections and are stored on my wiiu hard drive which is using the WBFS file system so I cant access files on it from pc so to select the saves I select USB but when I go to extract them is trys to extract them to my wiiu's hard drive which I cant just access files from pc on
had you try the beta version? wich version had you tried?

_davvid_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I installed it on my Wii but it doesn't recognize my SD card, it only show usb8:/ as a destination and gives an error either for extract or compress files, is there a solution for this? my intention is to transfer my save files to my hacked wii u sd card and continue playing there in the hacked vwii. thanks!

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France

Franpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure this has probably been asked before but can I use this tool to transfer Save Data from my Wii that is normally not transferable to an SD Card to a Wii U?, specifically can I transfer the data to the Wii U (without any modding/homebrew on the Wii U) and have the games recognize the Save Data?

I goofed and have been playing Zelda: Skyward Sword on my Wii instead of the Wii U and kinda want to continue on with the superiority of the HDMI cable.

Last edited by Franpa,
Reactions: XC-3730C

dj_skual

Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
I'm sure this has probably been asked before but can I use this tool to transfer Save Data from my Wii that is normally not transferable to an SD Card to a Wii U?, specifically can I transfer the data to the Wii U (without any modding/homebrew on the Wii U) and have the games recognize the Save Data?

I goofed and have been playing Zelda: Skyward Sword on my Wii instead of the Wii U and kinda want to continue on with the superiority of the HDMI cable.
u can, but u need to use this tool on the wiiu too, also, you need homebrew on the wiiu.

Franpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Save Data copied to an SD Card via this tool isn't visible via the Wii "Save Manager" that's built in to the System Menu? Hmmm, what would I need to install the Homebrew Channel on to the Wii U's Wii system? Which exploit should I be using to run the HBC installer? Do I use the Hackmii install or something else on the Wii U's Wii system?

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
So Save Data copied to an SD Card via this tool isn't visible via the Wii "Save Manager" that's built in to the System Menu?
No, but you can just copy the savedata from the Wii to an SD card (via the official data mangement), delete the save on the Wii U and copy it back from the SD card. No need for modding, since Skyward Swords savedata isn't locked.

EDIT: Hm, is SS savedata really locked? Then you can use Wuphax to mod your the vWii (Wii Us Wii Mode) and use the savegame manager GX there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuphax-v1-1-hacking-vwii-from-wiiu-mode.446786/

Last edited by Brawl345,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference