Hacking SaveDataFile importing to ORAS .cia error

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm having some trouble importing community save files to my .cias of ORAS. I want to have a complete game, as I have already done so on my retail carts.

When I replace the "main" file with the community save's "main" file, it imports successfully in Savedatafiler. When I boot up the games, however, it says "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used. Refer to the electronic manual for details."

Due to it saying "version", I have tried loading the game without a patch, and with the 1.2 patch. It makes no difference so I don't think that's it.

I have tried multiple save files, the only ones that work are my own, incomplete save files (and it still works if I edit them in PKHeX)

How do I fix this? I can't run a .3dz file because the game freezes on me, and I want to go online.

Please help.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cia version gets the same guards as the eshop version against save swapping by having info on the nand so you will not be able to.

for some reason it let's pkhex hacks through but you could not backup a save then save in game again then restore the backup. You would get the same error. I know from personal experience.

Reactions: ShinkoNet

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The cia version gets the same guards as the eshop version against save swapping by having info on the nand so you will not be able to.

for some reason it let's pkhex hacks through but you could not backup a save then save in game again then restore the backup. You would get the same error. I know from personal experience.

Ah, so that's what it is. So, a way for it to work is to use the in-built Save Transfer Tool for a .3ds/.3dz file and do some complex steps for that? Or will I have to do it legit to finish the game?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that you mention the save transfer tool that I forgot existed it may work and would be worth testing if you can import the save to a ROM then use that to send it to the CIA version. Lucky Nintendo allowed people to switch from carts to eshop versions.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
You're better off just using 3ds/3dz for pokemon if you intend to use pkhex etc so you totally avoid all the extra annoyance that comes with the cia version as you've discovered.

Trust me i spent days trying to figure it out and just gave up and went back to 3dz. Luckily enough, the cia save you have a backup of will import to 3dz no problem and no restrictions on how many times you can import/export it. :)

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're better off just using 3ds/3dz for pokemon if you intend to use pkhex etc so you totally avoid all the extra annoyance that comes with the cia version as you've discovered.

Trust me i spent days trying to figure it out and just gave up and went back to 3dz. Luckily enough, the cia save you have a backup of will import to 3dz no problem and no restrictions on how many times you can import/export it. :)

The problem is, my 3dz game kept freezing and I couldn't get past Birch's Lab. Is it my SD card or what?

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Now that you mention the save transfer tool that I forgot existed it may work and would be worth testing if you can import the save to a ROM then use that to send it to the CIA version. Lucky Nintendo allowed people to switch from carts to eshop versions.
Just researched a bit, and this actually has already been tested, and yes, it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock