Hacking Save game problems

jpe30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been using my Acekard 2.1 all week with no problems, until I used it in another DS today. I had been playing a game using a DS Lite with no problems, then today I used the Acekard in an original DS to play a different game. Once I went to go play the game back in the DS Lite, I loaded the game I had been playing all week and it couldn't find the save file. What happened here? Did the original DS cause the Acekard to erase my saved game? There are other save files still in tact, but for whatever reason switching DS's seems to have screwed things up a bit. Is there any way to recover my save file I was using?

EDIT: So it appears that my Chrono Trigger saved game got erased (after 11 hours of play)...

My GTA save is fully intact and works great. What the hell, if I lost 11 hours of gameplay for no good reason I will not be happy.

rooker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When taking your card out and putting it in another system its always a good idea to backup any saves you intend on using. I always take this precaution when going from my DSi to my girlfriend's DS lite. It's pretty simple and you can even back it up through the menu's. I just copy and rename the file so it won't be read by the rom.

If you really want to be hardcore about it, just backup all saves onto your hard drive of your pc. This way if your SD card gets corrupted or a save randomly corrupts/deletes then you have a backup. No one wants to lose 11 hours of their lives.

jpe30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I take it this is not a normal thing for it to do? Completely wiping a saved game is a pretty major problem, you would think there would be a warning about using the cartridge between DS's. Can't say I'm really happy about what happened, but lesson learned I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: