Hacking Save files not working

peemmfivekay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backed up my card and then I reformatted my memory card. Then I put a save file back on the card and it didn't work. The game loaded up and asked if I wanted to start a new game, instead of continuing one. What happened?
mellow.gif

I'm running AKAIO 1.8.6.a

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
make sure, that both, the .nds and the .sav file have the exact same name (exactname.nds, exactname.sav, for instance) and also check, if both files are in the same folder

peemmfivekay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack_ziro said:
make sure, that both, the .nds and the .sav file have the exact same name (exactname.nds, exactname.sav, for instance) and also check, if both files are in the same folder

Well, it is a .nds.sav but yeah, both is the exact same name. Same folder (root)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
peemmfivekay said:
Rydian said:
Because it's not the name it's looking for.

Weird. Because all of my games on it, use the extension .nds.sav, it does not have just .sav. Oh well. Thanks a lot all!

You might have been using an old save extension. The default now is just .sav. You can however go into the options and make the default .nds.sav. But just be mindful that future releases will use .sav as the default so you'll have to change the setting each time you upgrade AKAIO.

peemmfivekay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
peemmfivekay said:
Rydian said:
Because it's not the name it's looking for.

Weird. Because all of my games on it, use the extension .nds.sav, it does not have just .sav. Oh well. Thanks a lot all!

You might have been using an old save extension. The default now is just .sav. You can however go into the options and make the default .nds.sav. But just be mindful that future releases will use .sav as the default so you'll have to change the setting each time you upgrade AKAIO.

Ah ok, thank you very much
smile.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AKMENU and a few old AKAIOs use .nds.sav, but .sav is better or some shit like that.

So what happens is that if I were to have:

• game.nds
  • game.nds.sav
  • game.sav

it would load the game and whilst loading it would look for the sav, so it would go, ".nds, not a sav, .nds.sav, not a sav, .sav, let's launch this!" if you didn't have a sav, it doesn't load anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs