Save File Problem

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Truner, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Truner
    OP

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Once again I'm in need of your help, GBAtemp folks!

I have borrowed a Supercard Lite Rumble with a Superkey. All was well, I managed to play some of the rare games I couldn't afford because of ridiculous prices at the time.

However, the time has come for me to switch from some random flashcart to retail games. With this came a small problem. The save files. I managed to sort out what save files I absolutely need and what aren't needed as I can recreate them easily. The total number of save files I need is: 1.

However, I'm not sure which filetype this was supposed to be and I'm not sure I see this flashcart type on the save converter list.

This is the save file in question: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52685605/Shin Megami Tensei - Strange Journey.nds.sav

Could someone help me figure out how to make this into a format that I can use on a legit cartridge? Or in emulators, since those save files are supported by the converter. I would be really happy if this problem could be solved!

Thanks in advance.

2. Truner
    OP

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Double post alert to bump because this might actually help others:

From what I could gather, SC Lite variant saves are RAW files so renaming should work... however, that doesn't seem to be the case. I could get these saves to work on anything else, no matter what way I tried to convert them. I found a save game converter program now, but even that didn't help. After all that I decided to do something I never did before and see what's different between save files through a hex editor. For this, I tried to use a Desmume save file alongside the SC one I have, but I couldn't get it to work that way either.

Either it's impossible to convert SC Lite variant save files, or I'm doing something very wrong or very retarded.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    People still use slot-2 flashcarts for DS games? Wow.
    The SuperKey itself probably costs more than a R4i Gold. :P Well, you did say you borrowed it, but still I would have rather just bought a R4i Gold than deal with patching every ROM and newer games not working.

4. Truner
    OP

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Yeah, I realized the mistake I made and just want to save that one save file that really matters to me. Though I feel like it's a lost cause. At least the lack of replies suggests that.

5. Truner
    OP

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
  6. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    Try removing the .nds in the save file name.

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  8. Truner
    OP

Truner GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2011
    Hungary
    Budapest
    Removing .nds doesn't help, unfortunately. The converter doesn't seem to support the save file I have. Even though I've tried to do it in many different ways.