Save File Format Error!!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by emilito, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009

Save File Format Error!! by emilito at 11:12 AM (2,769 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. emilito
    OP

Newcomer emilito Member

United States
    Sometimes when i going to play a new ds game on my m3 ds real, first it creating a save file and after that, it comes "save file format error"
    Is there any way to fix this?

2. tommyrocket

Newcomer tommyrocket Member

United States
    Hm...I have never used an M3 DS Real, but I'd think if there is an option for save types, make it correct. If not, make sure you have the latest firmware and that your flash card or whatever you are using isn't bricked or corrupt. Sometimes you will need a donor card as well. That may be your problem. A donor card is a retail ds game cartridge that could save your rom's saves onto it. Of course, only some certain cartridges work. Luminous Arc can be used as a Donor I believe. Because RPG's have a better save system than most games. You would insert the card right before you start the game, in the game list menu. If that's not the case, then its just the format as the error says. Sometimes errors mean many things, but can be simple too.

Anyways, make sure you have patched the new rom correctly, and that it is compatible with your card. Also the rom might just be junk.

Good luck.

3. emilito
    OP

Newcomer emilito Member

United States
    Thank you so much!! It helpt now can i play the games (where it comed a error before) I just needed du update it!

Thanks!! [​IMG]

4. jojones88

Newcomer jojones88 Member

United States
    Could I get a link to the latest firmware for the M3DS Real?

I get the save "data file format error" on:

Super Princess Peach (E)
    Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron (E)
    Yoshi's Island DS (U)
    Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (U)

I thought I had the newest firmware, but I still get these errors.

Thanks for the help!