Homebrew Save Editor for Virtual Console Games?

MarsMwq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, this is my first post and i'm still relatively foreign to 3ds hacking in general. I run a N3DS10.7.0 U32 and boot via OOThax. Currently I'm having a great time with the homebrew, but I was curious as to the current state of development for a save manager, editor, etc. that can import/export .sav from virtual console titles (such as Pokemon Yellow in my case, pikasav use primarily). I realize there's a few tools in the .cia format such as JK's Save Manager or SaveDataFiler (both awesome tools) that can get the job done, however I don't want to really install a CFW/downgrade at this moment in time (that's a stupid excuse I know). I also realize you can probably install a cryptofixed version of these titles, but I haven't stumbled upon a solid guide for this sort of thing, and I'd rather keep my bought copy from the eshop. I know tools such as save_manager & svdt don't currrently work with this, but I was just wondering if this is something people are actively looking into and maybe trying to develop?

I've been looking at this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/486xvo/save_editing_pokemon_rby_vc_versions/ and a few other threads on gbatemp/reddit for updates, but nothing has really seemed to come of it. Just wondering what you all think the future holds for something like this, and if it is something that is even possible without the use of .cia?

Thanks so much, and I can't wait to join the community and cease asking such redundant questions!

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The best that could be done is a custom svdt that includes whatever allows hans to work with 9.6+ games, otherwise for any game not released in the past few months, use SVDT in it's current state (pokemon yellow does not work, but things like Zelda and Mario do).

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
The best that could be done is a custom svdt that includes whatever allows hans to work with 9.6+ games, otherwise for any game not released in the past few months, use SVDT in it's current state (pokemon yellow does not work, but things like Zelda and Mario do).

Or use a cia Save Manager that have more privileges than userland and can bypass the crypto for games 9.6+, just like JKSV

Edit: you can access the 9.6+ games with SVDT and HANS, but you will need some xml files on pastes with the id of the game AND the 2.7 ninjhax

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or use a cia Save Manager that have more privileges than userland and can bypass the crypto for games 9.6+, just like JKSV
Hahaha, it's funny how you keep saying that, which proves you only read like one sentence of the post. HE DID NOT DOWNGRADE. HE CANNOT INSTALL JK SAVE MANAGER.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Hahaha, it's funny how you keep saying that, which proves you only read like one sentence of the post. HE DID NOT DOWNGRADE. HE CANNOT INSTALL JK SAVE MANAGER.

Actually I read it entirely, but I awake more than 26 hour, I just interpreted wrong. I thought you would be less ironic and more comprehensive cuz canadians have such a huge fame for being just like that

Anyway, he needs to compile the 2.7 ninjhax and create xml file that patch the 9.6+ crypto and put in a folder with the name of the game ID and that folder inside another folder called "mmap" and put it inside the root of his SD card (it's the only way without downgrade)

Or he can just downgrade, setup a CFW and create a emuNAND or get the A9LH and install JKSV

MarsMwq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, he needs to compile the 2.7 ninjhax and create xml file that patch the 9.6+ crypto and put in a folder with the name of the game ID and that folder inside another folder called "mmap" and put it inside the root of his SD card (it's the only way without downgrade)

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much! Do you need to compile ninjhax, or would OOThax work? Currently, my only way to boot to Homebrew is via OOThax. Also, have you tried this method yourself?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much! Do you need to compile ninjhax, or would OOThax work? Currently, my only way to boot to Homebrew is via OOThax. Also, have you tried this method yourself?

Well I tried to play a game with 9.6+ crypto, it run, but I use a xml repository of @ihaveamac, I dunno if it has the xml files for pokemon first gen in his repository
About the homebrew payload, I dunno if already have the 2.7 using the OoTHax installer ('cause smea did a partial update by mistake of his repository)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The ihaveamac xml files
https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

Reactions: peteruk

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, this is my first post and i'm still relatively foreign to 3ds hacking in general. I run a N3DS10.7.0 U32 and boot via OOThax. Currently I'm having a great time with the homebrew, but I was curious as to the current state of development for a save manager, editor, etc. that can import/export .sav from virtual console titles (such as Pokemon Yellow in my case, pikasav use primarily). I realize there's a few tools in the .cia format such as JK's Save Manager or SaveDataFiler (both awesome tools) that can get the job done, however I don't want to really install a CFW/downgrade at this moment in time (that's a stupid excuse I know). I also realize you can probably install a cryptofixed version of these titles, but I haven't stumbled upon a solid guide for this sort of thing, and I'd rather keep my bought copy from the eshop. I know tools such as save_manager & svdt don't currrently work with this, but I was just wondering if this is something people are actively looking into and maybe trying to develop?

I've been looking at this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/486xvo/save_editing_pokemon_rby_vc_versions/ and a few other threads on gbatemp/reddit for updates, but nothing has really seemed to come of it. Just wondering what you all think the future holds for something like this, and if it is something that is even possible without the use of .cia?

Thanks so much, and I can't wait to join the community and cease asking such redundant questions!
I wrote a tutorial on pp.org for this.. Let me link it in a sec

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took my yellow save, used it in VBA-M, and gamesharked my way to what I wanted, then reimported my save.

Bennu28909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still stuck on red screen with svdt. I have robpin 2.7, homebrew 1.1.1, put a folder called "mmap" on my 3ds sd card (with the .xml for the german version of pokemon yellow inside). I do not know whats wrong??!

BTW. tI have followed the tutorial on pp.org step by step and it isn´t working.

Maybe somene could post a picture of the sd card directory here or can help me... i get really sucked with this....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.