Hacking Save Data Transfer Tool and illegitimate .cia's

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alright, I currently own an old 3DS XL and I'm planning on upgrading to a New 2DS XL. However, I'm deeply concerned about my Save Data as I've not done this before, at all.

My plan would be to use the official Save Data Transfer Tool to transfer the data from my o3DSXL to my n2DSXL, then crack the n2DSXL.
Now, my question:

Which saves would I keep in that case? All of them? Or just the ones where I legitimately owned the game? Only digital games? Or also games I own(ed) physically?

Thanks in advance!

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK for this you needs to have both systems on the latest firmware 11.6. I suggest you hack the N2DS XL before you transfer unless you have a flash card compatible with NTRBootHax.
Any saves for legit digital will transfer over, any saves for pirated games will not. If you want to transfer your pirated games saves, back them up with JK's Save Manager or Checkpoint Homebrew on the old system then restore them with them on the new system with the same Homebrew. Saves on cartridges will not be affected as they are saved on the cartridge.

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks. I have a Flashcard for NTRBootHax! So updating to the newest firmware would not be a problem. Are you sure saves are on the cartridge? I've owned Pokémon Sun physically, sold the game, and am playing it digitally with the same save. (unlegit .cia)

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So it should theoretically transfer, but that sounds a little too unsafe. Do you have a tutorial for dummies on how to properly use JK's Save Manager?

Thanks so much for your help so far! :)

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try Checkpoint, a much nicer updated one if you ask me. Super easy to use. Backup the game with it and after you mod the N2DS copy the \3ds\Checkpoint folder over, install the game and Checkpoint, Open Checkpoint, select the game and click restore.
As for the save, no it will not transfer even if you started it on a retail cartridge. Right now you are using a non-legit game so it wont transfer.
https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

Reactions: Quantumcat

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm... I installed a game I previously had, copied it over, started Checkpoint and everything is just empty? Do I need to start the game first or something?

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nevermind, I got it. I had to start the game for the game to appear in Checkpoint. Everything worked. Thanks so much! :)

Laito1337

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got another quick question, sorry. If I previously had the EU Version and I now downloaded the US Version, will Checkpoint not be able to restore the Save?

Joeado123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't Think so...As the game is a eur one but You should try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just backup a save of the eur one and put it on the folder of the backup of the us one (replace IT).

Last edited by Joeado123,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.