Hacking Save data file Format error! - Even with latest Sakura 1.45 X

Replicant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm unable to get Zelda Spirit Tracks to work on my DSi using a genuine M3i Zero. I'm repeatedly presented with a "Save data file Format error! message. The same is happening on the most recent Mario and Luigi game too.

My M3i Zero has the latest 1.4 firmware (from handheldresources), and I'm using the latest 1.45 X release of Sakura (dated 24/12/2009). I thought this release was supposed to fix this very problem!?

I've deleted any existing SAV files, to ensure the M3i creates a new one, but still no go.

Am I missing something, or doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Aww, I'm sorry for you because you just lost your savegames to the broken version of 1.45. Hope you did make a backup.

Did you download the complete installer (M3Sakura_Ver_145x_MUL.zip) or just the system folder update (named M3SAKURA_M17.zip)? I am led to believe they did not correct the save game breakage in the installer: http://handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

Replicant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers powered_by_tux.

I used the system folder update(M3SAKURA_M17.zip). I'm on a MAC, so the MSI installer wasn't an option.

I'm pretty sure I'm now running the latest release. Hmmm.. Maybe I should start again...

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
M3SAKURA_M17.zip should be the System folder upload. In which case you simply replace the system folder on the Microsd without running the .exe installer.

DarkMega NT Warr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I myself used the SYSTEM folder update (M3SAKURA_M17.zip) on my M3i Zero since I'm also on a (PowerPC) Mac. However, I got the same error as you did when trying to play a game. I decided to reformat the microSD card on my Mac and try the complete installer (the .MSI) after bringing out my Windows PC. Afterwards, when trying to load the game on my M3i Zero, I no longer received the error, so this leads me to believe that the installer is the one without the bug, while the separate SYSTEM folder update (M3SAKURA_M17.zip) still has the bug.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DarkMega NT Warrior said:
I myself used the SYSTEM folder update (M3SAKURA_M17.zip) on my M3i Zero since I'm also on a (PowerPC) Mac. However, I got the same error as you did when trying to play a game. I decided to reformat the microSD card on my Mac and try the complete installer (the .MSI) after bringing out my Windows PC. Afterwards, when trying to load the game on my M3i Zero, I no longer received the error, so this leads me to believe that the installer is the one without the bug, while the separate SYSTEM folder update (M3SAKURA_M17.zip) still has the bug.
Try the download at the top of the M3 Sakura FAQ. I downloaded and installed the .msi file, extracted the SYSTEM folder from it and uploaded the folder by itself.

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkMega NT Warrior said:

Cannot be. I downloaded just the zip archive with the SYSTEM folder and it worked. There must be something else which is responsible for the bug. Apparently, the save file size can also be excluded because people reported success with different sizes.

Replicant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It definitely fixed the problem for me. M3SAKURA_M17.zip simply would not work for me, no matter what I did (reformat, delete and re-copy folder etc). I dropped the SYSTEM folder from the full MSI onto the micro SD card and it worked immediately!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: