Hacking .sav files with EZ-Flash IV

lamfp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to play some old saves of Pokemon Fire Red VersionI had on my computer, so I got my 128kb .sav file and placed it in the saver folder, replacing the save I made on the cart itself. Loading the game up, I get the message "The save file has been deleted..." When it doesn't do this if I load a save file I made on the cart.
In short, Pokemon Fire Red Version won't load .sav files copied from the pc onto the cart. Help? D:

Agamemnon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have an EZ-Flash IV and it appears that it cannot load .sav files that are dropped into its saver directory. Any .sav file created outside of its programming will not be loaded.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what I have been doing for years then Agamemnon- if going from VBA first save the game properly (I say this as many people use savestates and may never save using the in game method) and on the file menu you should be able to find an option to export and then export a battery save. As long as it is named properly and you have not say loaded a game up then it accidentally overwrites on when you load the EZ4 again* you should be good.

*I see this a bit- people load a game up on the EZ4 and decide they have a nice VBA game going on and do not want to replay, turn the EZ4 off, grab the ?SD and shove the VBA save on, stick it back in the EZ4 and turn it on only to have the EZ4 overwrite the save with the one it has in memory. Simple workaround is load another game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi +1