.SAV file on Citra

xotcgamingvids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m new to Citra Emulator and have a .SAV file for my Pokémon Ultra Sun and am wondering how to open my save on the emulator or what conversions I need to do

Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing back!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you get this .sav file? If you just copied it off your SD card, then it is encrypted and completely useless unless you have the encryption key from your 3DS.

You don't necessarily need to install CFW on your 3DS to get your encryption key - but it is the most straightforward way. If you have CFW, you can also use threeSD to quickly import the contents of your SD card to Citra.

If you dumped your .sav from a cartridge using Godmode9, then you shouldn't have done that. Cartridge save data should only be dumped using Checkpoint or JKSM, which are homebrew utilities that run on the 3DS. (It is theoretically possible to extract data from a Godmode9 .sav dump, but it's not easy.)

If you have a .sav dumped using a Powersaves or similar device, then there's really not much you can do.

ETA: Weren't you already asking about this in your other thread? Please don't start multiple threads about the same problem.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The facts didn't change. Citra will not magically read a save where the 3DS failed. Importing the saves to Citra is intended to be done via unencrypted, extracted backups by Checkpoint (or JKSM).

You have to obtain previous KeyY in order to use that 00000001.sav again. If you have a NAND image from before "Format System Memory", you can restore it (just to be extra safe: backup the NAND as it is right now as well).

Reference thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-loading-backup-sav-files-after-homebrew-2ds-xl-format.600608/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1