Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Draico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Solved my problem with encoding. Had to recompile npdm_and_nacp_rewrite.py. Now I'm trying to remove Options replacing the Texture.tex but the menu gets jumbled:

Attachments

• fJHlNSVYzR8.jpg
    fJHlNSVYzR8.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 86

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhhhh I'm a dumb dumb. I assumed it would create a file with the same name but with .tex, it does not lol It creates a file with "tex" as its name. You must rename it and give it the .tex. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Also should I be replacing them in both the English and Japanese folders?
Actually, that didn't work. With my compiled game, I now just get a black screen until I get the classic "A software error occurred". I'll just wait I suppose.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhhhhh I'm a dumb dumb. I assumed it would create a file with the same name but with .tex, it does not lol It creates a file with "tex" as its name. You must rename it and give it the .tex. Thanks a ton!

EDIT: Also should I be replacing them in both the English and Japanese folders?
Bravo!
you can replace both files, JP will only show if you switch language, i change both language to avoid having any reference to to cotton images

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Solved my problem with encoding. Had to recompile npdm_and_nacp_rewrite.py. Now I'm trying to remove Options replacing the Texture.tex but the menu gets jumbled:
What base are you using?
Post your Texture.tex to check if there’s any difference.

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You people are using the wrong texture.tex you can't just use any one
I can't remember the exact post it's around about #350 to #390 or something like that use that one and it will not be a messed up

Reactions: PhyChris and Rikua

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people are using the wrong texture.tex you can't just use any one
I can't remember the exact post it's around about #350 to #390 or something like that use that one and it will not be a messed up
@Prb is correct, If its for hiding the Options menu, it is post #385

Reactions: Prb

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Road Rash works perfectly, no custom .ini
Finally got it working, a Sonic 3D Blast, no custom.ini working perfectly. Therefore trying it on yuzu it gets buggy and flickering, but in switch it runs w/o issues
Emulators on top of emulators don't tend to work well, its like emulator-ception.
So I also wouldn't expect the saturn sega ages games to work well with this either

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
surprise Attack
they are Full Ports, not emulated!
This makes me wonder...is the Castlevania Advance collection just a set of roms? or are they native?

EDIT: Upon booting the CAC shows the M2 logo, and they are known for creating accurate emulation. If this is an emulator and roms, it has 4 games, 3 GBA and 1 SNES, plus the Euro and JP versions. So 12 games, 9 GBA and 3 SNES. I know we have emulators for those already, its more like curiosity about modding the Title artwork and such. If Capcom won't give me a Megaman Battle Network Collection, I'll do it myself lol

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This makes me wonder...is the Castlevania Advance collection just a set of roms? or are they native?

EDIT: Upon booting the CAC shows the M2 logo, and they are known for creating accurate emulation. If this is an emulator and roms, it has 4 games, 3 GBA and 1 SNES, plus the Euro and JP versions. So 12 games, 9 GBA and 3 SNES. I know we have emulators for those already, its more like curiosity about modding the Title artwork and such. If Capcom won't give me a Megaman Battle Network Collection, I'll do it myself lol
they are direct ports, but using the same code from GBA, old Game shark cheats dont work native, but can be converted

gba games are easy to port if you have the source code, no need to run emulator

Reactions: Rikua

Draico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What base are you using?
Post your Texture.tex to check if there’s any difference.
Here are the texture files from the nsps I used. They are taken from GuardianForce and Cotton2. The result is the same. Also I included the texture I got from the important post with better writeup. They are different sizes by the way.

Attachments

• textures.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 87

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attached Highly Recommended Config for "Touge King the Spirits 2"
In addition to this, set CPU Overclock to 1224.
Added to Compatibility Spreadsheet (coming soon)

Attachments

• Touge King the Spirits 2 Config.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 112

lingbergh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just an update, compatibility sheet is still being worked on. It's not going to be complete when it comes out obviously, but trying to tackle any games of even minor note.

Additionally, I've added more icons/covers over the past couple of days. Go check them out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_rjVgGDuTv0KTlYIRzhtCo_LBCfJXp6i?usp=sharing

Lastly, after a handful of configuration adjustments I was able to get Mr. Bones (USA) to work.
You'll find the config attached. Sadly the Japanese and European versions still do not work.

Dragon Force II would be a nice addition.
My results while playing around with imagemagick to eliminate stretching of the source image are...not that great. :lol:
dragonforceii-cover.png

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
View attachment 281477View attachment 281512

i made over 20 boot screens, i didnt make a .tex for each, be spicific, i dont remember which one you want, i have attached:
Boot intro 1920x1080P
View attachment 281471
View attachment 281472
Credits Screen 1920x1080P:
View attachment 281473
Wallpapers 1280x720P use these as wallpaper 02 and 03 and 04, 01 is your Plain Black Wallpaper, these will hide behind the game screen, and will show up giving the illusion you booted a sega saturn before a game loads
View attachment 281513View attachment 281514View attachment 281515
use Botik PNG2Tex converter install python runtime app, and then drag the PNG to Botik's converter

The Digital Players guide, its not ready to be shared, there are over 40 images done for 5 games and havnt tested them inside the game yet, here is a screen image of nights player guide from Xbox live arcade version, i show 3/8 pages
View attachment 281474View attachment 281475View attachment 281476
Special Thanks to botik for making my life easier to quickly convert my images to tex

I'm just leaving this here, for someone who wants to use it. :D

1kmNpoU.jpg

Attachments

• sega_entertainment_saturn_desktop_3072x2048_hd-wallpaper-582835.jpg
    sega_entertainment_saturn_desktop_3072x2048_hd-wallpaper-582835.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 40

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: +1