Chile
Do you have this artwork by chance?
C0048CBB-00D5-4930-8CA0-6EA2BE17BCBB.jpeg

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Haven't read the whoooole thread but how are you guys doing this? Is there an emulator out there or something?

dj5927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
테스트의 또 다른 라운드.

🟢 Sim City 2000 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.
🔴 소닉 잼 (미국). 재생할 수 없습니다. 인트로와 첫 화면 이후에 충돌이 발생합니다.
🟢 소닉 R (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.
🟢 소비에트 스트라이크 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.
🟢 스페이스헐크: 블러드 엔젤의 복수 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다. 황제가 보호해 주지만, 이것을 이해하기 위한 가이드가 도움이 됩니다.
🟢 스타 파이터 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.
🟢 스트리트 파이터 알파 2 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.
🔴 스트리트 레이서 (EU). 재생할 수 없습니다. 바로 검은 화면.
🟢 Taito Chase HQ + SCI (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다. 체이스 HQ만 테스트
🔴 Tama - 모험적인 블라블라블라 (JP). 재생할 수 없습니다. 첫 번째 로고 화면이 손상되고 두 번째 로고 화면도 손상되어 중단됩니다.
🟢 테마파크 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다. 그라운드 타일은 때때로 약간 이상해 보이지만 사변형 마법의 일부일 뿐이라고 생각합니다.
🔴 Thunderstrike 2 (미국). 재생할 수 없습니다. 게임은 작동하지만 Z 정렬은 어디에나 있습니다(1). Good Lord Core 및 Crystal Dynamics 게임.
🟢 툼 레이더 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다. 완벽하게 작동하는 Core Design 게임, 그것은 새로운 것입니다.
🟢 트랜스포트 타이쿤 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다. 그러나 이 포트는 짜증나며, Playstation 포트보다 해상도와 성능이 좋지 않으며 3D 모드가 없습니다. 어쨌든, 게임의 최종 버전인 Switch에서 OpenTTD를 플레이할 수 있습니다(Playstation의 3D 모드가 없음).
🟢 버추어 캅 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다. 그러나 재장전을 위해 두 개의 입력을 설계한 사람은 즉시 해고되어야 했습니다.
🟢 Virtua Cop 2 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.
🟢 버추어 파이터 (미국). 할 수 있는. 지금까지 문제가 없습니다.

(1)

View attachment 279513

버추어 파이터 2 타격음이 정상적으로 출력되나요?
때리는 소리가 거의 들리지 않습니다.

dj5927

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
2CD game test

1cd nsp
After creating 2cd nsp

1cd clear save backup

After inserting a 1cd save into a 2cd nsp, I want to check if it goes normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in another way

1cd nsp
2cd nsp

Create the same title id
After clearing 1 cd
It seems that the method of installing 2cd nsp is also possible.

Last edited by dj5927,

chobochobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dumping was only to experiment with the files and get an idea of the workings of it. To actually play Saturn games you dont need to dump anything.

Simply;

Install one of the games. Either the Triple Collection or each game as a standalone depending on where you "get" the game ;)
Create a Title Id folder of your chosen game and place in your "Contents" folder for atmosphere or "Titles" folder for SXOS.
0100094014BE4006 for Collection
010077001526E002 for Boomerang standalone
0100A18015268002 for Cotton 2 standalone
Place a "romfs" folder inside the title ID folder
Place your Saturn roms in romfs folder in .bin format
Rename the .cue file for your saturn roms to either Cotton2.cue for the collection/Cotton 2 standalone or CottonBoomerang.cue for Boomerang Standalone
Reboot your switch for changes to take effect
Launch game.
Hi, one of the many new newbies here. I've been trying to get Baku Baku Animal playable by emulator for ages - so far I think only mednafen works and that's PC only. I was considering getting a Steam Deck just to play this game on a portable machine - I have it one a laptop with a controller at the moment. I even bought a used Japanese Saturn to play this game about 10 years ago, having gotten rid of my original one decades ago.

Anyway, thanks for this simple explanation - I was reading all about dumps etc. Anyway, unfortunately it doesn't work for me with Baku Baku Animal and the Collections. I followed the instructions, then deleted the Cotton2 saves. What I get when I select Cotton 2 (the other 2 games still work) are two error messages, then the Cotton 2 emulator starts but the central box remains black. The game program still works as I can still get out of this subgame and back to the main menu. I'm using the US rom that works with mednafen.

Any clues for the newbie please?

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, one of the many new newbies here. I've been trying to get Baku Baku Animal playable by emulator for ages - so far I think only mednafen works and that's PC only. I was considering getting a Steam Deck just to play this game on a portable machine - I have it one a laptop with a controller at the moment. I even bought a used Japanese Saturn to play this game about 10 years ago, having gotten rid of my original one decades ago.

Anyway, thanks for this simple explanation - I was reading all about dumps etc. Anyway, unfortunately it doesn't work for me with Baku Baku Animal and the Collections. I followed the instructions, then deleted the Cotton2 saves. What I get when I select Cotton 2 (the other 2 games still work) are two error messages, then the Cotton 2 emulator starts but the central box remains black. The game program still works as I can still get out of this subgame and back to the main menu. I'm using the US rom that works with mednafen.

Any clues for the newbie please?

Baku Baku Animal DOES work.

chobochobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks, yes but not for me. I was wondering what I was doing wrong please. I'm on 12.1 with atmosphere. I spend 95% of my time on it playing Mr Driller (Dreamcast).

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Test with GuardianForce for the base and Guardian Heroes US for the game, injected via my script:

Menu of the emulator is directly in English, no need to change that manualy.

Savestate work.

Game seems to work fine, I've got a black screen when finishing the story but I need to test more to see if it's a random crash or not.
Edit: Random crash confirmed, tested a second time and the credits passed.

Last edited by shadow256,

linkcelula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Test with GuardianForce for the base and Guardian Heroes US for the game, injected via my script:

Menu of the emulator is directly in English, no need to change that manualy.

Savestate work.

Game seems to work fine, I've got a black screen when finishing the story but I need to test more to see if it's a random crash or not.
where can I download your script? Is it public?

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My latest batch of test. Before checking again the problematic games and maybe hacks/translations.

🔴 Virtua Fighter 2 (US). Unplayable. Black screen right away.
🔴 Virtua Fighter Kids (US). Unplayable. Black screen right away. Same engine as Virtua Fighter 2.
🟠 Virtua Fighter Remix (US). Unplayable. I'd say unplayable, but it depends on your taste. The game seems to work fine, but when you connect an strong punch/kick and you send the opponent flying 100 meters away at the speed of light.. you know something is wrong (1). Physics are pretty broken (sometimes).
🔴 Virtua Racing (US). Unplayable. Crashes after the main menu, no matter the mode you select. Another non-working game from Time Warner (strong Crystal Dynamics vibes).
🟢 Virtual Open Tennis (US). Playable. No issues so far.
🟢 VR Soccer (US). Playable. No issues so far... oh, wait, it's Actua Soccer US version :-/
🟢 Warcraft II: The Dark Saga (US). Playable. No issues so far.
🟢 Wipeout 2097 (US). Playable. No issues so far.
🟢🟡 X-Men: Children of the Atom (US). Playable. It is slower than the arcade machine, that's for sure, but I don't know if the original Saturn game behaved like this.
🟢 Virtual On: Cyber Troopers (US). Playable. No issues so far. It requires a second gamepad to bypass the controls check (first screen) or set the input value to PadType1_0="5".

(1)

file.gif

Latest video, two compatibility reports ago.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many