Hacking Samurai_Warriors_3_PAL_Wii-WiiERD - Bad dump?

adawgdafree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
adawgdafree said:
Have their been any other games with only Pal 50 support that has been made work fine by Forcing it into Pal 60 or NTSC? I just realized that all the other Pal games I played on my NTSC most likely had Pal 60 support and that was what was being auto forced by the loader programs before.

PAL60 should be black and white on most NTSC tvs that don't support PAL.

I thought PAL60 worked perfectly fine on NTSC TVs? I know I had a ton of PS2 PAL games I played that started in 50 Hz and when I changed them in their options to 60 Hz the B/W and shaky image went away and it was all good. I just don't know too much about PAL vs NTSC I suppose. All I know is that looking back at my collection, I realized all the PAL games I did play on my NTSC Wii (on an HDTV in 480p) had 50/60 Hz on it's label like this:
http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfullHQ/EN/RNOP01.png

QUOTE(kimikal27 @ May 28 2010, 02:54 PM)
historical mode seems to work

I think Historical mode, Murasame mode, and Free mode work but it locks up when loading a video from Story mode. Then again that is just from testing it quickly in Dolphin, since as I said the disc freezes on me when I try to create my save (plus the whole 50 Hz issue of course).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
adawgdafree said:
WiiPower said:
adawgdafree said:
Have their been any other games with only Pal 50 support that has been made work fine by Forcing it into Pal 60 or NTSC? I just realized that all the other Pal games I played on my NTSC most likely had Pal 60 support and that was what was being auto forced by the loader programs before.

PAL60 should be black and white on most NTSC tvs that don't support PAL.

I thought PAL60 worked perfectly fine on NTSC TVs? I know I had a ton of PS2 PAL games I played that started in 50 Hz and when I changed them in their options to 60 Hz the B/W and shaky image went away and it was all good. I just don't know too much about PAL vs NTSC I suppose. All I know is that looking back at my collection, I realized all the PAL games I did play on my NTSC Wii (on an HDTV in 480p) had 50/60 Hz on it's label like this:
http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfullHQ/EN/RNOP01.png
[...]

It could be that the ps2 PAL games have PAL50 and NTSC as video modes. If a PAL tv supports 60Hz, it usually also supports NTSC video mode. Also i'm not sure if there's a technical difference between PAL480p and NTSC480p, console independent.

I heard of NTSC tvs that display PAL50 and PAL60 in color, but have the rolling screen issue on PAL50. But i think >90% are black and white for both PAL50 and 60.

adawgdafree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I always just thought there was NTSC meant 60 Hz and PAL meant 50 Hz until the first time I toyed with Wii loaders and saw a Force PAL 60 option, lol. All I knew of them was any PAL PS2 game I imported that had a 60 Hz mode played in full color and with no shaking on every single TV I tried it on.

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmmm even though the release is packed as dvd5 size... when it extracted it got dvd9 size suddenly... never happened to me before :wtf: in wbfs manager it shows as dvd9 size as well

edit: ah nvm was mentioned before
wink.gif
sorry

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
Why are you guys testing a bad dump ?? For all we know, all your testing will be wrong when a proper release is out.

Pointless.

Pip'

I highly doubt that a proper dump will support 60Hz when the bad dump doesn't.

Plus we've already got someone saying in the release thread that it says 50Hz Only on the back of the actual game case, so it's probably useless to test either way.

What I don't understand is why there hasn't been a method devised to play these 50Hz Only PAL games in NTSC in the same way it was possible to patch 50Hz PS2 games back in the day. Certainly it should be possible, right?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with every posible combination of video mode, video patch, vidtv patch, & country fix and not a single combination worked better than a rolling screen in color

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's just not gonna work, sadly.

I wish I understood more about how PAL/NTSC encoding works in respect to Wii games. Certainly if it was possible to patch PAL PS2 games for 60Hz, it should be possible to do the same to Wii games. I think the problem is that there haven't been enough 50Hz-only Wii games to make it worth anyone's time to try to devise a patching method.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SeraphisCain said:

I wish I understood more about how PAL/NTSC encoding works in respect to Wii games. Certainly if it was possible to patch PAL PS2 games for 60Hz, it should be possible to do the same to Wii games. I think the problem is that there haven't been enough 50Hz-only Wii games to make it worth anyone's time to try to devise a patching method.

This and the fact that >90% of PAL users don't have any problems with NTSC only games. I do care about NTSC only games, because i use a rgb cable, and get an all red screen with NTSC video. But i don't patch 50Hz60Hz, only NTSC 60Hz -> PAL 60Hz, and in the worst case, i just use the crap cables and play with them.

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
SeraphisCain said:

This and the fact that >90% of PAL users don't have any problems with NTSC only games. I do care about NTSC only games, because i use a rgb cable, and get an all red screen with NTSC video. But i don't patch 50Hz60Hz, only NTSC 60Hz -> PAL 60Hz, and in the worst case, i just use the crap cables and play with them.

Oh, and I certainly understand where you're coming from. I guess it's just my inner Warriors fanboy that really wants to play SW3 in English. Especially since the US version doesn't come out until sometime in Q4, which is still several months off. And having an English version out, staring me in the face, that I can't play is just a little bit frustrating.
laugh.gif

Oh Koei, you and your ridiculous release schedules.

nj727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone had any luck yet? make sure you have a setup that runs dual layers smoothly. I can play Sengoku Musou 3 perfectly. thats why I'm getting frustrated that this version is not working!
frown.gif
x

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nj727 said:
anyone had any luck yet? make sure you have a setup that runs dual layers smoothly. I can play Sengoku Musou 3 perfectly. thats why I'm getting frustrated that this version is not working!
frown.gif
x

It doesn't work because it's a bad dump (I assume you mean the Story Mode freezing problem). That won't be fixed until we get a proper dump.

nj727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GRRRR! just copyed the game onto usb and played with usb loader. Works perfectly in colour with sound, no rolling then after I created a save just black. :| x

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nj727 said:
GRRRR! just copyed the game onto usb and played with usb loader. Works perfectly in colour with sound, no rolling then after I created a save just black. :| x

Yeah, of course it works perfectly for you. Judging from the flag under your username, you're from the UK. Meaning you have a PAL TV. So of course you won't get the rolling screen. That's only a problem for us North Americans.
laugh.gif

nj727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i got the rolling screen when playing through neogamma! :S this is so confusing! wish it would work. atleast i can play JAP version while im waiting! x

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nj727 said:
well i got the rolling screen when playing through neogamma! :S this is so confusing! wish it would work. atleast i can play JAP version while im waiting! x

That's quite odd. I admit I'm not an expert when it comes to things like this, but I don't see how you'd get the rolling screen of annoyance when you're playing a PAL game on a PAL TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==