Same Surname...?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by lookout, Jan 16, 2008.

1. lookout
    OP

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Just wondering, are you allow to marry someone with same surname? 'not related'
    I remember read somewhere some country not allow or family region things ~ like in Asian? this that true?

what do you call this anyway? someone with same surname but not related to you.. brother/sister/cousin? but what if they both in love.... [​IMG]

2. Little

Little I r Little

Nov 20, 2006
    England
    Uh.... why would it matter?
    As long as there is no blood relation its okay. The miss would just become a mrs thats all.

3. lookout
    OP

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    true...

I not christian or any other region, but I heard someone from christian family said their kids able to marry their cousin?

4. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    From one of my friends in the USA, apparently marrying your cousin is legal in the Bible-belt states... Whatever they are [​IMG]

5. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Marrying your cousin is legal in Alabama, and I don't think it is anywhere else?

6. MC DUI

MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 30, 2003
    Newcastle, Australia
    As others have stated I fail to see how it would be an issue if the person isn't directly related to you.

I mean there are tonnes of people with Smith as their last name, it would be a shame if two Smith's in love couldn't get married because they had the same last name.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice