Hacking same or not ???

vietkidd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im thinking about getting a acekard and seen there was 3 kinds one was for the dsi and the other two looked the same other then one had a sd reader ... with the sd reader it was 11.39 without its 11.22 .............W.T.H am i missing somthing an who know's if i'll get the 2.0 or the 2.1 .... thanks for the info
i'll buy one as soon as i get you info thanks.

heres the link i seen .... what you think ?
http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.acekard

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there are no more 2.0 acekards or *fixed* light green ak2.1s. i have been told by team acekard that all older versisons are no longer sold and they are sitting on boxes of them. if you order you will get an ak2.1. the 2.1 fixes issues the 2.0 had. the 2.1 comes in 3 color pcbs and two different shells. which one you get depends on which is in stock or currently shipping from the acekard wholesale resellers. the ak2i is for the ndsl, ndsphat, AND dsi. if you have a dsi you need the ak2i. the reader sucks so just buy the cheaper one that doesn't have the reader and save yourself that .50 for some M&Ms or something.

-another world

vietkidd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks so much for the info .......i am new to this and i do have a card ... the card i have is a R4 and Sucks azz.... i will be ordring the new card today ........... i just seen u said somthing about the ds can do SO much morn then just pla game's can i get more info about that..... i have the r4 for about 6 months an thats all i did was play game an the songs and skins ..... this is cool thanks

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

vietkidd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi it's me again and i just got my new acekard 2 2.1
what are the next steps on how to get this up and running ?
thanks for your help

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
imqchummy said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140917

Download akaio 1.4.1 proper

Add _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file to you micro sd.
You can add create a couple folders to your card (rpg, action, etc...) and copy paste your games in them and you are ready to go.

Read the wiki, there's all kind of usefull stuff in there.
I've just done that but my Acekard is stuck on the loading screen. Tried the official FW but no dice. What's the problem? I have an AceKard 2 on my DS Phat with a microSD Card on FAT. It's also 8GB.

vietkidd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imqchummy said:

You can add create a couple folders to your card (rpg, action, etc...) and copy paste your games in them and you are ready to go.

thanks its workiing great...... is there cheats on it ????

imqchummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheat Databases

You can have multiple Cheat DB in your __aio/cheats directory, you are also able to name them for organizational purposes.
[edit] Updating via computer

The latest Cheat DB can be found at cheats.gbatemp.net. AKAIO can use CHEATS.XML, CHEAT.DAT, or USRCHEAT.DAT format. Simply download and place the file in the __aio/cheats directory.
[edit]

imqchummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Livin in a box said:
imqchummy said:

I've just done that but my Acekard is stuck on the loading screen. Tried the official FW but no dice. What's the problem? I have an AceKard 2 on my DS Phat with a microSD Card on FAT. It's also 8GB.
Try formatting your sd card with the panasonic sd formatter and put a fresh install of akaio 1.4.1 proper
This is what i would do becuz I own 2 acekards 2 and they both work flawlessly but I still I need to format my micro sd once in a while.
Also, make sure you got enough free space on your card for the saves that will be created with the games.

Marauding

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey with AKAIO people are saying that multicard and wifi doesn't work, idk if its true and people are saying i should flash my ds. Should I?
yaynds.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#F.A.Q.

Code:
Which microSD card is best, and why? 
When purchasing a microSD card you want to find one with a low latency. The lower the latency the faster the card can access the read/write routines, the better your ROMs will perform. Most non-SDHC cards have low latency and quick read/write speeds to begin with. In regards to SDHC the higher the class number the faster the card reads/writes. Class6, for example, has a 6mb/s minimum where a Class4 has a 4mb/s rate. Name brand does play a factor as some cards are simply made better, where others are re-branded versions from the same manufacturer. The consensus has been to use the Japanese branded Kingstons when dealing with 1GB and 2GB sizes, and the A-Data/Transcend name brands when dealing with 4GB+. There is speculation on which, if any, of the 16GB cards actually work with the Acekard products. While in theory they should work, the coders of AKAIO do not have one to test with, donations are welcome though. Always remember to format your microSD/SDHC cards with the Panasonic formatter.

many of the sd cards from dx are rebranded low buget crap. however, i did get a bunch of real 2gb japanese kingstons from them for a very cheap price.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Marauding said:
Hey with AKAIO people are saying that multicard and wifi doesn't work, idk if its true and people are saying i should flash my ds. Should I?
yaynds.gif

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#F.A.Q.

CODEI am having AK2.1-to-AK2.1 local Wi-Fi problems, why?
This is a hardware limitation and not an AKAIO problem. Please contact [email protected] with your concerns.

as for the nintendo wifi network, that works just fine with the acekard. i've never run into a problem using akaio on 3 acekards and 1 rpg.

-another world

Lyzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, im thinking about buying acekard 2.1 but there is 2 version on DX. the cheap one is not have card reader, so what is the card reader? besides, cheap version is sold out for now, if i buy expensive one, will there be any difference? (disadvantege or something?)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lyzard,

There is no difference, except that one comes with a microSD card reader (which you need unless you already have one) for about 20 cents more.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either