Sam & Max USB Working?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by comet77, Nov 23, 2009.

Nov 23, 2009

Sam & Max USB Working? by comet77 at 4:38 AM (2,240 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. comet77
    OP

Member comet77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Has anyone got the game "Sam & Max: Season One" NTSC working with USB loaders.

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    no and they probably will not. like metroid prime trilogy, each chapter loads a different dol, causing the usb to reset. in metroid prime there are three (one for each game) so you can load the three seperately depending on what game you want to play, but sam n max has several within the game, so can't be fixed. you'll have to burn this game!

3. another_waster

Member another_waster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I find it odd that surely Nintendo know about this yet dont use this technique in all the games

4. Jockel

Member Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Germany
    because the loading times would be way too long, then.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Sam & Max is not loading different .dols. Well at least i didn't find any on the disc, or inside the files on the disc.

IOS Reloading is only taking ~1 second, you wouldn't notice it if the game would load for several seconds anyways. I think nintendo doesn't add it, because they don't know that it's a problem for us, or it could cause problems and would require more testing(->more costs).

6. manias

Netherlands
    Oh yeah that was it, not different .dol's for each episode but an IOS reload at the start of each episode, which resets usb connections.. Anyway, it doesn't work and won't. Use Wiipower's neogamma with a burnt copy [​IMG]
    info on that here for example http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125865 (old topic)

7. Jaz808

Member Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Any update on Sam and Max and usb loaders

For me to run it from disc, i had to extract the main dol and fix the 001 error, then iso patcher to 249, it runs from the disc channel, and the different episodes work, but the from usb even with alt-dol

8. manias

Netherlands
    you post this reply in two sam n max threads, and on both the last part of the sentence means nothing [​IMG] "ut the from usb even with alt-dol" hmmmmm.
    But no, no news, it doesn't work on usb. Nobody seems to be working on a fix either, which might not even be possible, so just play it since u already burned it. The end!

9. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    All you need to do is change cios so it can load another ios and then patch the dip module etc in at runtime, keeping track of which game you loaded.
    If nintendo used it more then it would be more likely to get fixed.