Hacking Sam & Max USB Working?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no and they probably will not. like metroid prime trilogy, each chapter loads a different dol, causing the usb to reset. in metroid prime there are three (one for each game) so you can load the three seperately depending on what game you want to play, but sam n max has several within the game, so can't be fixed. you'll have to burn this game!

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
another_waster said:
I find it odd that surely Nintendo know about this yet dont use this technique in all the games
because the loading times would be way too long, then.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sam & Max is not loading different .dols. Well at least i didn't find any on the disc, or inside the files on the disc.

IOS Reloading is only taking ~1 second, you wouldn't notice it if the game would load for several seconds anyways. I think nintendo doesn't add it, because they don't know that it's a problem for us, or it could cause problems and would require more testing(->more costs).

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh yeah that was it, not different .dol's for each episode but an IOS reload at the start of each episode, which resets usb connections.. Anyway, it doesn't work and won't. Use Wiipower's neogamma with a burnt copy
wink.gif

info on that here for example http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125865 (old topic)

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any update on Sam and Max and usb loaders

For me to run it from disc, i had to extract the main dol and fix the 001 error, then iso patcher to 249, it runs from the disc channel, and the different episodes work, but the from usb even with alt-dol

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jaz808 said:
Any update on Sam and Max and usb loaders

For me to run it from disc, i had to extract the main dol and fix the 001 error, then iso patcher to 249, it runs from the disc channel, and the different episodes work, but the from usb even with alt-dol
you post this reply in two sam n max threads, and on both the last part of the sentence means nothing
tongue.gif
"ut the from usb even with alt-dol" hmmmmm.
But no, no news, it doesn't work on usb. Nobody seems to be working on a fix either, which might not even be possible, so just play it since u already burned it. The end!

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
manias said:
Nobody seems to be working on a fix either, which might not even be possible, so just play it since u already burned it. The end!

All you need to do is change cios so it can load another ios and then patch the dip module etc in at runtime, keeping track of which game you loaded.
If nintendo used it more then it would be more likely to get fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte