Hacking Salvage Data from External HDD on Higher Firmware?

wiinus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bet this is something I can't do until we have an exploit on 5.50 or get the encryption keys, but I'm hoping somebody has a fix anyway.

My old PS4 that I traded in was on 5.50, and I got a new Pro and installed 5.05 on it (it is not activated and has never touched PSN). If the HDD is plugged in, I get a message saying that I need to update the system to use it. Obviously, I don't want to update, but I also don't want to reformat the drive and lose my saves and DLC to be able to use it.

Is there any way that I can salvage my data or make the HDD compatible without reformatting it or updating the system?

BTW: We have another PS4 on current firmware that I might be able to use to transfer data or something, but it isn't mine to use on a regular basis.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No.

Putting the hdd into another PS4 will cause it to format iirc.

You literally need to have the EAP hdd keys to mount and grab data off the hdd via a pc/Linux.

I have wondered what would happen if on 5.05 you dumped keys, then updated and mounted hdd using same keys .. perhaps it would work but still >5.05 content would be keyed higher anyway.

wiinus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the quick responses!

It has been since May that I swapped systems and I forgot to mention I backed up my previous system on external before I wiped it like this:

upload_2018-11-29_20-48-15.png

Does that change anything?

Last edited by wiinus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: