OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
akedos.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Just as stated in title. I like a bunch of the user skins, but want to change their colors. It's easy enough to do with the source files, but I only have the skn files. Is there an app to unpack the skins? I have the one to pack them, just can't figure out the reverse process.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want the source files, just PM the maker of the skin and ask for them. I've had many requests, and I've been happy to oblige, under certain conditions.

Akedos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
akedos.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I want the orange/yellow, and the buccaneer skins unpacked from what I believe is the original skin lists in Sakura. I don't want to rip off anyone else... I just want to translate the originals because I like them. I look at them in Japanese and say to myself... jeez, that' be easy to edit with Photoshop...

*sigh*

But I don't know if these are user skins or what else to call them for sure...
so does anyone have these skins unpacked somewhere then?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not even completely sure if the unpacking is possible, Sakuras Skinmaker converts/compress BMPs and PNGs so they are drastically smaller in size, I believe it also kills the quality of the picture, it isn't noticeable with the NDS, but opened with computer, it would probably look bad...
But I could be wrong..
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
I don't think this should be made because skin makers may not want their source files released.
I agree!!

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm not even completely sure if the unpacking is possible, Sakuras Skinmaker converts/compress BMPs and PNGs so they are drastically smaller in size, I believe it also kills the quality of the picture, it isn't noticeable with the NDS, but opened with computer, it would probably look bad...
But I could be wrong..
laugh.gif

You'd be surprised at how small flattened PNGs (not Fireworks PNGs) can get. Your average 32x32 icon has a size of approximately 1.5KB!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them