active_interface = 0x02059820
DeviceID=M3DS
DeviceName=M3-DS (SD Card)
FAT_InitFiles() failed.
Application halted!!"

Bottom Screen:
Lots of japanese words
More japanese words

An error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file. Please confirm the followings:

Was the ROM file of a correct DLDI patch started?
Please re-format the media and try again.
Please try with different media from another manufacturer."

I read the sticky, and it doesn't pop up for just a second, it freezes there and never goes away.

I can't delete stuff to fix it on my computer, because like I said, my computer has stopped recognizing the flash card so I can't get rid of any files now.

Can anyone please please help me? Thanks a bunch.

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds like the flash card needs to be reformatted. Have you already tried that? Is it possible?

When formatting, use the FAT/FAT32 filesystem.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do not use your computer to format the card, download and use Panasonics SD Formatter (use google to find - its free) and this should solve any issues

Posts merged

Forgot to add one other thing with Sakure - make sure none of your buttons are sticking, if the left or right button sitck down then it will fail to load.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the Triple Loader installed? If you do, try holding X or Y when you turn on the DS to see if you can boot into either of the other two firmwares.

If you can boot into TouchPod and/or iTouchDS, then maybe there's just something on your card that Sakura doesn't "like" (e.g., a corrupt ROM or .SAV file). If you can't load any of the firmware, then maybe some of the firmware system files have been corrupted or you accidentally tampered with them.

Even if that's the case, your PC shouldn't have problems reading the card. If your PC won't read the card anymore, then either your card reader has gone bad or the card is really, really in need of a format. First try using a different card reader to access the card.

If you can't access the card no matter what card reader you use, then your last hope would be to put the card into another device like an SDHC-compatible phone and format it that way. If that doesn't work then it's time for a new MicroSD card.

But I suspect that there's hope for your card because at least Sakura is *trying* to load on your DS. If your card were completely FUBAR then you'd probably get the same message that you'd get if you didn't have an SD card inside the M3 in the first place (a simple black screen with the M3 DS Real logo in the lower-right and a message saying "No SD card found").

So in summary, try a different MicroSD card reader. If that doesn't work, try formatting it in a non-PC device that accepts MicroSD cards.

stingers135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the help guys, unfortunately I don't even have another SD card in the house so I'll have to go out and buy an SD Card reader, but that should be a lot cheaper then getting another flash card.

If that doesn't work...well, thank god for X-mas money
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1