Hacking Sakura DLDI version

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guys let's have respect and not use a hacked version of something that allows you to play hacked commercial games!

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LagunaCid said:
guys let's have respect and not use a hacked version of something that allows you to play hacked commercial games!

I hope your kidding, seriously I tried out the Sakura GUI and it isn't anything special. I really don't see the problem with hacking it to support R4, I'm not upgrading my card everytime a new card comes out and I want it's frontend.

If the Sakura is genuinely better then people will buy it but if it costs more just because it has some special GUI then it really isn't that great.

People need to stop preaching about hacking stuff like this when most people use flashcarts for piracy.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can hack it all you won't, you won't be able to play games at this moment..Sakura IS better than firmware before, and it's free, but made for M3 Real users....

QUOTE said:
If the Sakura is genuinely better then people will buy it but if it costs more just because it has some special GUI then it really isn't that great.
It costs same as week ago, two weeks ago or one year ago..They haven't made M3 Real any more expensive..

DLDI version of Sakura allows you to run multimedia and homebrew, but not a commercial games! (not even GBA games)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I heard the name sakura and then when I bothered a week later to read up my initial thought of meh was confirmed. Nice no doubt but revolutionary no, the only thing that I was not expecting is how quickly my prediction(s) came true (there was a thread a few months back on this history and future of flash carts where I made some predictions in, one was flash cart makers would probably release another version to consolidate features (see SCDSONE relaunch(es), EZ5+ and to a lesser extent the new acekard) and a new GUI made (this)).

It must be said though I find this "we should not hack it" mentality almost as amusing the "no second hand games" thing that occasionally appears. Almost makes me want to hack it myself (my time is better spent on the various implementations of 3d in DS roms I feel and in the low level hardware hacking world I could stand to learn a thing or two).
Just for kicks see EZ1,2,3 and 4 loader hacks, r4/m3dss hacks, skin making tools for various carts, datel hacks*, the original efforts from the cyclo team, the recent PS2 mem card stuff (which probably provide the best parallel to this) and more mainstream stuff like wine, reactOS and hacking stuff in general.

*I saw datel mentioned earlier, it also find it amusing that they are considered up there with the likes of nintendo when they are a massive thorn in the game companies side. Before thoughts otherwise appear I have massive respect for any person/company who practices reverse engineering in the presently insane legal climate.

Phaethon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds-toolz.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
For article published in here

It is an act of hitting from M3FLASH.Jp to "Violation of Unfair Competition Prevention Law".
The point of impairing done do business of the entrepreneur concerned profit was received.

Therefore, I was going to delete this point and to delete the catching article in sincerity.

Please understand.
Source: http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/...EN&wb_dis=2

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Totally for the hack.

Not sure why people think this is a bad thing.. M3 profits off of game developers by allowing people to pirate games.

Now that rudolph made the hack to allows other cards to use Sakura firmware not right? I don't see the logic here.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
c2ironfist said:
Totally for the hack.

Not sure why people think this is a bad thing.. M3 profits off of game developers by allowing people to pirate games.

Now that rudolph made the hack to allows other cards to use Sakura firmware not right? I don't see the logic here.

You don't see the point?

What would be the point of paying the extra money for a Cyclo, when you can just get a DSTT and run the Cyclo firmware anyway? Did I also mention that you would be able to triple boot between the AceKard RPG loader as well?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
his point is if they win by screwing game developers, why should others not win by screwing them.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Because, companies that make game will always make money, but "homebrew" scene is drastically smaller, and things like that could destroy it.....If you want to screw CycloDS, M3 Sakura or AceKard, there is possibility that they'll drop further development and support, and in the end, leave you screwed..

They make effort to develop good firmwares, and stuff, so their carts would sell, and they could live from it..

It is ironic, and maybe illogical...But it's how it is..

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if there was any way of softreseting, or some homebrew that softresets? I'm guessing not though. Didn't the author of moonshell work on Sakura as well? Perhaps maybe one day he'd port the interface or redo the interface of Moonshell. From early posts it looks like quite a few people rather use this than the current moonshell, and didn't really care that comercial roms didn't boot.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, no way of Soft-Reseting at the time....But they'll probably enable it in the future..

Moonlight never released a notice of upgrading or redoing Moonshells interface, so I guess not..It is a possibility, but chances that it'll look like Sakura are low, it was made specially for M3 Real..

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Saylient_Dreams said:
From early posts it looks like quite a few people rather use this than the current moonshell, and didn't really care that comercial roms didn't boot.
yes, the original moonshell does not boot roms either, and homebrew runs even better from Sakura.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have an Edge, I just wanna replace moonshell with this, was just wondering if it was possible to use the reset.mse. Doesn't look like it though, and since Rudolph took it down, I guess hacking the dldi version is pretty much going to come to a halt for a soft reset method to get back to our flash carts native firmware to boot games.

jleemero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am loving this so much.
Using it as the main for my R4.

I'm thinking I may switch back to the R4 menu though...

Maybe just make it so Sakura is my "moonshell", so to speak.

Eh, for now, I like it.

D

Deleted User

it boots hardly any homebrew on the R4/M3 Simply, even with the DLDI patch. Its bugging the hell outta me.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's the easy one, just......Buy M3 Real..
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress