Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
gangsterboi said:
On Nori2Nori (Rudolph)'s blog it think it says that a dldi 32k patched version for AK RPG (NAND mode), G6 Lite, G6 Real, N-CARD & Clones will be available at a later date. But it could just be a bad translation.

Rudolphs blog said:
......32 KB necessary AK RPG (NAND mode), G6 Lite, G6 Real, N-CARD & Clones
Will be available.

QUOTE(Original text according to my browser (firefox))?????DLDI?16KB?????????????32KB????AK RPG(NAND???)?G6 Lite?G6 Real?N-CARD & Clones

Oops, sorry for double post forgot i had already posted, can someone merge the two?
I have translated this on the FAQ, though it may not be apparent because I didn't include the original Japanese text like I usually do. The sentence above is incomplete. The full sentence is as follows:

?????DLDI?16KB?????????????32KB???AK R.P.G(NAND???)?G6 Lite?G6 Real?N-CARD & Clones???????????????
Since it can only use up to 16KB for DLDI, it can't be used with AK R.P.G (NAND mode), G6 Lite, G6 Real, N-CARD & Clones, all of which require 32KB.

I have no idea how Google translate (or whatever you used) came up with the word "available," since that word is nowhere to be found in the Japanese text
blink.gif

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope a full version doesn't become available for every card. Especially a version for the R4, the Idiots who bought it without researching shouldn't get the glory of a wonderful GUI.

chaotic_geo

Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
Japhle said:
I really hope a full version doesn't become available for every card. Especially a version for the R4, the Idiots who bought it without researching shouldn't get the glory of a wonderful GUI.
Couldn't agree more... we should be unique at least.
dry.gif

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
This is just wrong. I can't imagine what sorts of things the M3 team will do to protect this, obviously they could make the file more secure and maybe that will isolate it from being able to use the triple boot method, but even worse, maybe they just won't update to sakura seeing as it is helping others more than themselves.

It's sort of ruining all of M3's hard work and chances of making profit.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, that just the thing I'm talking all along, from the point when it was just an idea (and everybody said it's not gonna happen, or it won't do any problems), up till now, when there is bootable Sakura for other carts that runs multimedia and homebrew....It's just matter of days when full functional Sakura will be "hacked" and working on other carts, and I really believe it will be ruining all the will for making any progress to M3 team.....
I really do hope I'm wrong....but all this is making me worried.....

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Seriously, people, take a look at the other forums. No one gives a wooden nickel about Sakura apart from existing M3 Real users. Considering the lack of interest and technical difficulties, I'd eat my hat if the full Sakura is ever available on other flashcarts.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, I read in other thread that M3 Reals doubled the sells in period after Sakura is released...And not to mention that if you make a "Sakura hack for other carts" news on the first page.....Believe me, this would get even more popular...
And there are over 2000 downloads of Sakura over here, just on GBAtemp....not to mention how many downloads are from main Sakura site, handheld sources, and all other mirror sites!!

It maybe isn't that exposed, but I believe people want it....it's just not that spread around...
I still believe it's the one, most beautiful firmware on the scene...and!!! touch response with no flaws and media support are enough to make it most wanted firmware for all "budget" carts......

And if they make RTS, I really don't have to talk about that, do I.....It would make it THE best in any way..But I don't see reason why would they even bother to develop it right now.....Imagine, you have M3 Real for $40 and some clone cart for $19...which one would sell more, if both run Sakura perfectly....

Not so good idea....

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah, undoubtedly with a proper announcement a lot more people will become aware of how good the Sakura is. I have serious doubts that the firmware will ever become fully functional on another cart, but let's assume that it does. Obviously the Real are going to lose some potential customers, but I doubt it will be that much. We're talking about a market where people are still buying R4s, for goodness' sake. Even if the Sakura is made fully usable with other flashcarts, most customers are still not of the technical ability or knowledge to make it work with their flashcarts, and would probably buy a Real if they really want the Sakura. The loss will be very small, for the same reason that people are still buying games in shops when flashcarts are available.

So, my point is I still think people are overreacting. XP

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, the people that are looking into Sakura actually knows something about the flashcarts..Getting it to work fully on other carts actually shouldn't be too mush of a problem, as all "special abilities" of Sakura are already hacked (graphics, effects of GUI and possibility to run homebrew)..now only game booter remains, and I really think that someone who knows stuff can do it (take Rudolph as an example)..
You say that most customers aren't of technical ability or knowledge to make it work..all it takes is one man to do it, and all other people to download it..
It's not about people overreacting and making a big deal of it.....Our opinion doesn't even count.....It's all about M3 Team......
If I'm part of M3 Team, I wouldn't update it, or improve it, as it makes nothing for me, and helps other flashcart makers and users..If they try to make an exclusive something for M3 Real/Sakura it wouldn't be exclusive because all other users would get it..It's as simple as that..

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
But then you'd think people should know enough to not buy R4s when you could spend less money to buy better carts? You giving the general flashcart users way too much credit for how much mental work they are prepared to put into researching about and tweaking flashcarts. Why does Adobe even bother updating Photoshop when around 90% of people who use Photoshop pirate it? It's because they can get enough money from the people who do pay for it. It makes no business sense for them whatsoever to pull the plug on the Sakura. What would they do then, start making a new flashcart with a new firmware? That would cost them even more money. If they pull the plug on Sakura, us existing M3 Real users will simply abandon the cart and go buy other carts instead. Bye, bye, loyal fanbase.

But then, it won't be cracked. I have a very unappetising looking hat here that I'd rather not eat, but I'd eat it if Sakura is ever fully cracked to work well on other flashcarts.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, what you are saying does make sense
wink.gif
....I agree on some parts, but I still believe this will do more damage to M3 Team than help them, and that's unfair to hack Sakura in that way....

I'll try to keep in mind your "offer" with hat...
laugh.gif

If Sakura will ever be full hacked, I expect video of you eating that hat on youtube
wink.gif

I believe that both of us are right..It will damage them, but probably not that much..
smile.gif

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Anyone know why its working on Supercard Lite but not on Supercard DS One SDHC or DSTT? It gives me an error to do with FAT32 being not supported or something along those lines.

I happy as I will use this to replace my moonshell.

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
khan said:
I have this on my 8GB SanDisk Class 4 MicroSDHC. Wonder why its not working.

What kind of cluster do you have on your card?
It doesn't work if you're cluster are 64K but works well with lower (32k max) cluster.

If you don't know, just try to format your card (after backing up the data of course)

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
phenixz said:
khan said:
I have this on my 8GB SanDisk Class 4 MicroSDHC. Wonder why its not working.

What kind of cluster do you have on your card?
It doesn't work if you're cluster are 64K but works well with lower (32k max) cluster.

If you don't know, just try to format your card (after backing up the data of course)

I have just re-checked the error, and it is indeed advising me to lower my cluster size. Thanks anyway for your help. Will re-format just for this.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
what's with all the raving about this being horrible for the M3 team? this hacked sakura can't even boot homebrew (well barely any) or commercial roms. it plays various media just like moonshell, only slightly better and with a different GUI. Because of this i don't consider it particularly harmful?

seems like rudolph acknowledges the potential harm and said this

(auto translation)
QUOTE said:
"==< warning >===================================
?This modification firmware, Use..trouble..all..action.
And, the responsibility is not taken (In the self-responsibility).
Moreover, any question and trouble, etc. of this modification firmware
Please do not do to development, the sales origin, the shop, and the author, etc.
?This modification firmware : to the end in other hardware.
All functions : to complete in the one to taste the atmosphere of the M3 cherry blossoms firmware.
It is not a translation that can be used.
?Only for this modification firmware to taste atmosphere privately to the last
Please limit and use it.
=========================================="
seems like he intend it to give people a taste of m3sakura.

I doubt he will remove those limits in the future, unless someone else does instead.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We're talking about Sakura being hacked completely..If that happens, it would be bad for M3 Team!!
In the current form of hack, it isn't that bad....But making it usable for all other carts would lower Reals sales..

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just see M3Sakura as a replacement for Moonshell. I already have 3 perfectly good flashkarts for DS games.

I'd say that the hacked version of Sakura only made me more interested in actually getting a M3DS Real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/