Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this be used to recover a screwed up stage 2? Without any user interaction? In other words, stage1 appears to be working correctly but no display. I have tried using this to update to correct stage 2 by pressing start after switching on console even without display, so far no go. Any chance whatsoever of forcing a stage2 update from console switch on with no need for any button presses?

I refuse to hardmod unless I absolutely have to!

Aphearse

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey, ironically i got bricked trying to update using this. Whenever i turn on my N3DS it stays on a black screen as if the SD card is not inserted, i am not 100% what i did wrong but i would be really glad if someone could help me, I can provide more info if needed, thanks.

OmanComputar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same as the last 2 posts (o3ds bricked by updating stage2). Used the latest dark-samus commit at the time of writing this on the repo when updating. I assume that the only thing I can do now is a hardmod, right?

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me, I've had it on Armloader9hax for like 2 weeks or so and used updated using payload 2, so now it turns on but screen stays black, while blue light stays blue, no way to get into Emunand nor sysnand, tried using Decrypt 9 armloader9 bin and nothing works.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
There will be no solution other than a hardmod. It's important that people know this may be called safea9lhinstaller but that does not mean it's SAFE. I've yet to see any response confirming that Screwing stage2 = brick.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will be no solution other than a hardmod. It's important that people know this may be called safea9lhinstaller but that does not mean it's SAFE. I've yet to see any response confirming that Screwing stage2 = brick.

What do you mean by screwing stage 2? reason I asked is cause ive been on Armloader9Hax for 2 weeks now and decided to use the stage 2 payload, I didnt know it was gonna brick it, I thought I was gonna be safe since I already have armloader9hax built in.

I do not mean to anger you or anything.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by screwing stage 2? reason I asked is cause ive been on Armloader9Hax for 2 weeks now and decided to use the stage 2 payload, I didnt know it was gonna brick it, I thought I was gonna be safe since I already have armloader9hax built in.

I do not mean to anger you or anything.
I did the same thinking it was safe. No anger but a lot of frustration.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone confirm please that the only way to fix a corrupted stage2 is a hardmod even if stage1 is working. I am referring to this earlier post.
You might still have a working stage 1, a dev might have the skills to help you, maybe not though. I don't suppose you have latest darksamus or aurora arm9 stage 1 installed do you?

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well atleast hard modding is cheap for a 3ds or New 3ds.

I did learn something, I took my previous memory stick with no aureinand and none of the armloader9hax stuff on it and it would show a blue light and then shut down as if the armloader9hax is still built in unless it does that on bricked systems aswell?

It could be that its still working.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Well atleast hard modding is cheap for a 3ds or New 3ds.

I did learn something, I took my previous memory stick with no aureinand and none of the armloader9hax stuff on it and it would show a blue light and then shut down as if the armloader9hax is still built in unless it does that on bricked systems aswell?

It could be that its still working.
This is my point! My console does exactly the same thing. The stage2 update bricked it. But my question is can stage2 be salvaged by forcing a flash If stage1 is still intact?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, ironically i got bricked trying to update using this. Whenever i turn on my N3DS it stays on a black screen as if the SD card is not inserted, i am not 100% what i did wrong but i would be really glad if someone could help me, I can provide more info if needed, thanks.
Anyone who has this problem should try to reinstall a full install (hit select at black screen) of arm9 and don't go mixing stage 1 and stage2 from different forks and yes, you will need your OTP.

Last edited by democracy,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone confirm please that the only way to fix a corrupted stage2 is a hardmod even if stage1 is working. I am referring to this earlier post.
One day an arm9 stage1 will be release that is capable of fixing a stage2 brick by holding the home button on boot but it hasn't been released yet.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has this problem should try to reinstall a full install of arm9 and don't go mixing stage 1 and stage2 from different forks and yes, you will need your OTP.
If you're installing A9LH through HBL, you do need your OTP.
If it's through A9LH, you do not need your OTP.

But yeah, I'd recommend doing a full install if switching forks.

Reactions: democracy

Aphearse

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Anyone who has this problem should try to reinstall a full install (hit select at black screen) of arm9 and don't go mixing stage 1 and stage2 from different forks and yes, you will need your OTP.
I'm not sure how to do that though.
i tried installing the test payload, did not work

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Why are people bricking their consoles with this installer? The web compiler seemed less prone to bricking...

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
People are mixing files from different forks, that's why.
People are bricking due to user error, not because of the installer.

There should be a sumarized thread to list all the forks, compatibility and differences between them. Right now everything is a mess.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are mixing files from different forks, that's why.
People are bricking due to user error, not because of the installer.

I've had armloader9hax installed for weeks, so this payload stuff is new to me and wasn't around back then and I thought using payload 2 would make aureinand work with the button presses for stuff like decrypt and emunand cause the buttons weren't working for me, so I didn't know there were a bunch of other payloads.

So if I put the installer back on, all I would have to do is press select to get it the installer working again?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had armloader9hax installed for weeks, so this payload stuff is new to me and wasn't around back then and I thought using payload 2 would make aureinand work with the button presses for stuff like decrypt and emunand cause the buttons weren't working for me, so I didn't know there were a bunch of other payloads.

So if I put the installer back on, all I would have to do is press select to get it the installer working again?
You don't need to change A9LH to make AuReiNAND's boot manager to work, it just does.
You need to make a folder in the /aurei/ folder called "payloads". You place your payloads in there.

Reactions: stl25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto