Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes I think so it's literally drag and drop with this(although

yup stage 1, stage 2, firm1, firm0, secret_sector and otp(only needed if NOT launching thru a9lh)

so where would I find these files? I mean I have a 9.9 New XL coming the next week and I would like to install A9LH on it, but for the love of god I cant find these files. It looks way more simple to manually compile the .3dsx than to find these damn files lol :gba:

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so where would I find these files? I mean I have a 9.9 New XL coming the next week and I would like to install A9LH on it, but for the love of god I cant find these files. It looks way more simple to manually compile the .3dsx than to find these damn files lol :gba:
There are some mega links on pastebin

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
You need those files to compile it also.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you google capito27 GitHub you'll find his guthub then download his arm9loaderhax fork and it'll have all those files expect stage1 stage 2 and your otp

You can download the the stage 1 and 2 from @Supster131 Post early in this thread. That's all the files you need

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there are recent stage since february and the screen init ?for u^date i just need stage 2 payload ?and there are a recent version of this?

Last edited by laharl22,

OmanComputar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
AFAIK you have to do a full reinstall if switching to Aurora's fork, her stage2 is not compatible with delbile and friends stage1.
So that explains it. There's no way to recover but a hardmod if there's a delebile stage1 with Aurora's stage2 installed. Should that be marked somewhere to avoid more of this kind of bricks?

Epicdaftman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm if we're only updating stage2 why should it matter which fork we use?
And yes i also bricked multiple times using this installer WITH aurora's fork stage2 (as others described, just boots to black screens).
And I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to messing with the (possibly) dangerous stuff on 3ds, so it wasn't user error...

Wow... I did the same thing.. Is that a hard brick?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@Shadowtrance, how did you get out of the bricks when you only installed Aurora's stage 2?

So that explains it. There's no way to recover but a hardmod if there's a delebile stage1 with Aurora's stage2 installed. Should that be marked somewhere to avoid more of this kind of bricks?
Yeah, it would be nice if that was added to the OP.

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey people, noob question. What is different between the full install and stage 2 install ? I already did A9LH installation on a new 3ds and went fine, so i was just asking this just to know about it.

Thanks,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK you have to do a full reinstall if switching to Aurora's fork, her stage2 is not compatible with delbile and friends stage1.
@Shadowtrance, how did you get out of the bricks when you only installed Aurora's stage 2?

Yeah, it would be nice if that was added to the OP.
Hardmod and HxD (because i cbf flashing a whole backup, so just manually put my old stage2 back)
Worked no issue after i did that and ran the installer again but did a full install this time.

Last edited by Shadowtrance,
Reactions: astronautlevel

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmn it sounds like this tool needs more warnings. Something in big, bold red letters that said something like "If you are updating stage 2 make sure you are using the one from the fork you currently have otherwise you will brick" or something of that nature.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok so I got all the files: new3ds90.firm (which I renamed to firm0.bin), new3ds10.firm (which I renamed to firm1.bin), secret_sector.bin and my OTP when my 3DS arrives - all these files were retrieved from capito27s fork. Now im not sure if im supposed to rename the .firm extension to .bin or convert them whatnot so if im wrong please someone correct me.
I also got from page 10 the payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin files, so Im assuming those are valid? :unsure: Also, do I have to have both stage1 and stage2 firms when doing a full fresh install or just stage1?

So basically my a9lh folder looks like this:

- firm0.bin
- firm1.bin
- secret_sector.bin
- OTP.bin
- payload_stage1.bin
- payload_stage2.bin

Now ive been following a couple of tutorials online and the most detailed one was installing a9lh with the "old" method where you would compile everything with your OTP and get a 3dsx file and install in by entering mini pasta then HBL again.
How is this method any different? I mean what can this achieve that the original couldnt? Sorry for the noob questions, Im just trying to be extra cautious not to brick my new console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1