Safe Update Versions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shpen, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009

Safe Update Versions by shpen at 7:55 PM (1,181 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. shpen
    OP

Newcomer shpen Newbie

United States
    I was looking at the guide for installing preloader and it said that it worked on 3.2 and 4.0. I'm currently on 3.3u. I read elsewhere that it's safe to update to 4.1, but I was unsure if preloader would work with this or not. Is there a new version of preloader with 4.1 support? Is it even safe to update to 4.1 in general (so that my backup loaders still work)? Or should I just update to 4.0?

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    preloader will work on any firmware with a trucha bug in IOS 36. There are only hacks for 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1 though.

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    check out preloader's wiibrew.org page to find the hacks.ini file required to install preloader on 4.1

4. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes there is a preloader and hacks that work with 4.1. Yes u can update to 4.1 and run everthing. The only difference btween 4.0 and 4.1 is the fix for wsr. You can update to 4.1 while keeping trucha bug by using waninkokos 4.1 updater

5. shpen
    OP

Newcomer shpen Newbie

United States
    Do I need to apply the trucha bug even if I have an old 2008 Wii? I thought it was only for newer Wiis.

6. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you have/had System Menu 3.3 or later, you probably have IOSes that do not have the Trucha bug. You can use a utility like signCheck to make sure.

7. shpen
    OP

Newcomer shpen Newbie

United States
    Your post really confuses me... It sounds like you're telling me that I don't have trucha bug, and should therefore install it. Is this correct?