woody565

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have a 3ds xl running fw 11.8.0-41e and luma 10.2

In order to access the eshop I will need to be on the latest FW. Is it safe to update and what files will I nee to update on the SD card to support it?

Thanks

Dan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure to put luma in the ctrnand as well. a few people have updated without doing that when the sd card reader failed. you can do that with luma updater, but for some reason it was screwed up a few months ago to where no one could download the latest luma. you can also put the boot.firm from the sd card on the ctrnand with godmode. there's a script for it if I'm not mistaken, so look in there. I think it's under Pialect's scripts or however his name is spelled.

Reactions: IC_

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use bootntr, use this version: https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases

I left the original version in tact on my ctrnand, but I put that on my sd card, since it allows you to stream to the pc. works every time. I used to have issues with bootntr on earlier firmware like it was unstable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, boot.3dsx is the homebrew launcher, so make sure you have that, then use rosalina over download play. remember to save it afterwards. I kept forgetting to do that and download play wouldn't open the homebrew launcher after a restart. it will if you save it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson